Untitled Part 6

Chapter 6

The last African dealer standing say, "How many times we got to tell you?" There are three others on the floor, halfway on they way to death, shit in they pant, there blood on the walls of this comfortable drug den. Outside there one with a busted head and a twisted leg from when he flip over the car and land on the street and another who still under the car from when I crash it into the building. It still sitting there out front, run up on the steps, head light shining.

The African say, "We DONT know about no Zain."

I stick my finger up his nose searching for his brain. Blood come out. He scream.

"Fucking liar."

He say, "All this time coming after us, you ain't learned nothing? Why is that?"

"Because you all afraid."

"Because we don't know nothing! You keep saying Zain Zain Zain. Who is this?? How imma' be afraid of someone when they way across the ocean??"

African the best liar in the world.

"You from Zaire."

"You wanna go to Zaire? Just go and leave us alone!"

"You know I can't."

"Why I know that?"

"You send the money back to him. I not stupid."

"Listen, man, there's a ship."

"What ship?"

"You wanna go back to Zaire? I tell you when the ship come."

He tell me when and where. I look at the watch on my wrist. We are now at two minute and thirty nine second. The police coming at minute four. I take the African with me. Take him to the building no one around. I tie him to the chair, cover his mouth. Tell him I come back. Let him go when the ship leave on Monday. I promise. I promise. I promise. Today is Friday.

It go like this:

1. Jack Daniels

2. Wild Turkey

3. Bulleit

4. Buffalo Trace

5. Michter's

6. Woodford Reserve

7. Makers mark

8. Jim beam

9. Rittenhouse

10. Elijah Craig

Being drunk is great but getting drunk is the fun part. Climbing that mountain because you know how good it gonna feel at the top.

I not gonna speak for anyone else and I not saying these are the best whiskey in the world. All I saying is they are my favorite. Everyone has the kind they like best and I not trying to offend anyone. You learn to love what you can get and you even prefer it to any other even if you know they have better kind out there. I be honest, I try more expensive brand of whiskey when I have the chance to steal them from big fancy store that have every whiskey from every corner of the world you can think of and some corner you can't think of and I will tell you something amazing happen in my mouth and in my stomach and I think I taste God tear. The more beautiful a bottle is, the better it gonna taste but I love Jack Daniels. I love the label, the way it look, the way the name sound on my tongue even more than it taste on my tongue. It something I know and it always there right around the corner and it a friend to a poor man. Wild Turkey may not be my first choice but it still a friend I can depend on if I feel like having something else or there isn't any Jack Daniels around. And then there the other. I think about it a lot and this list stay the same and I try them all enough time to be sure I never change my mind on the matter.