22

I cried myself to sleep that night, my body shaking as I continuously sobbed. I tossed a turned, taking forever to fall asleep. Every turn I took, Tyler's threatening words followed me. I didn't know how he knew Knox and I didn't know what he had against him, but I did know becoming a "casualty" would not be a good thing for me.

Serena had taken me home immediately, ending the night much earlier than planned.

I felt absolutely horrible for causing her to miss out on such an important opportunity. The only thing I could do was hope that her boss, Emily, wouldn't hold it against her. It didn't seem like she would considering how friendly she was and how understanding she seemed when Serena explained the situation to her before we left, but you never know. Emily is the one that birthed Tyler of all people, so how much I could trust that she wouldn't hold it against Serena, I didn't know.

At some point I must have fallen asleep as I woke up to the harsh noise of my alarm, signaling my need to start getting ready for Knox to come over.

His race wasn't until tonight and I wouldn't need to start getting ready for it for several hours but Knox wanted to come over and spend the day relaxing with me. I wouldn't complain.

I showered, brushed my teeth, and got dressed with no real hurry. I did my best to hide the dark circles and red, puffiness of having cried for so long last night.

I debated with myself the entire time on whether I should tell Knox about what Tyler said or not. It felt like every second I was switching the answer in my mind. I knew that it was something Knox would want to know, assuming that Tyler was an actual threat, but I also didn't want to distract him and potentially stress him out before his race.

I was still debating with myself when the doorbell rung and I went to answer the door.

I swung the door open to meet a smiling Knox, wearing a plain black tee and dark jeans. The fit was simple and yet mouthwatering all the same.

"Baby." He greeted, grinning as he stepped inside.

"Hi." I whispered, getting goosebumps from the sound of his voice.

I shut the door, fighting down my blush as Knox greeted Serena.

"You two just hanging out?" Serena, asked smiling as she stood at the sliding glass door to the backyard.

"Yeah, nothing special." Knox laughed.

"Well, I'll be out gardening if you two need anything." She said, sending me a warm glance. I knew she was saying it to be polite to Knox, but deep down I knew she really meant it for me - to know I wasn't alone.

I sent her a grateful smile back before leading Knox up to my room and leaving my door cracked.

"Are you nervous?" I asked, taking a seat in the middle of my bed. I wrung my hands together as I watched Knox kick his shoes off next to my door.

"For the race? Nah." Knox brushed off, turning around and walking towards me.

"Not at all?" I asked, my eyes widening slightly in surprise.

"Nah." Knox affirmed as he kneeled on the edge of the bed, his hands taking hold of my legs to open them.

I gasped, confused for only a split second before he laid down between them, resting his head on my stomach - the action forcing me to lay on my back. His breath tickled my stomach as he laid a few gentle kisses to my belly before laying his head back down again.

I slowly ran my hands through his hair, massaging his head with my finger tips.

"Knox..." I started tentatively. I still wasn't entirely sure I should tell him but I needed to get it off my chest.