31

Knox and Sean were not on speaking terms.

In fact, Sean hadn't been showing up to school for the entire week. How he thought he was going to graduate with such a horrible attendance record was beyond me.

I thought about asking Knox about what was going on between them, but I thought better of it. I doubted it was a topic that he wanted me to ask about anyways.

Liam didn't seem to be interested in bring it up either. I suppose he wouldn't bring it up around me regardless, but he - like Knox - seemed particularly avoidant of the entire situation.

Clarissa had invited me over after school on Friday to which I gladly accepted. I hadn't realized she did online school but considering I had never seen her around, it made a whole lot more sense. It was a shame in that it would be nice having a girl around school that I could spend more time with, but I completely understood - especially since that would have been me if I had the choice originally.

Knox drove me to her house after school got out, giving me parting kiss before driving away.

To say Clarissa's family was rich felt like a bit of an understatement. Her house was more like a mansion with even her driveway encircling a large fountain.

She led me up a grand staircase and into her bedroom which was effectively the size of my entire first floor.

"Sorry if it's a bit messy." She smiled, "Let's sit." She gestured to a couch that sat under her bay windows.

I followed her, sitting down while looking around the beautiful room.

"Soo you met Lila..." Clarissa started, rolling her eyes as a small smile grew on her face.

I sighed, nodding. "You know her?" I asked.

Clarissa hesitated, "In a way. I've seen her around more than I've interacted with her but no interaction has ever been enjoyable." She confessed.

I nodded in understanding. Just being around her for all of five minutes was more than enough for me. We only had one interaction and I really hoped it would be our last.

"Did Knox tell you about her?" Clarissa asked.

"Just that she hangs around the racetrack." I sighed.

"She's a real piece of work. She's always trying to get at Liam and Knox. It's excruciating to watch. They always try to hide when they see her coming." She laughed.

"Then why did Sean bring her?" I asked.

"Girl, I wish I knew." She sighed.

Knox's P.O.V

I dropped Annie off at Clarissa's house before heading over to Liam's.

Last weekend was a mess. It was supposed to be relaxing distraction from school and the last race, but it was just more added stress. As much as it was nice to be there with Annie, Sean's stupid stunt with Lila had successfully ruined the mood for the rest of the weekend.

I still had no idea why he thought that would go over well.

Or maybe he knew it wouldn't and he was trying to make a statement. What statement he would be trying to make, I had no idea. Either way, it was fucked up.

And then to say I was just bringing Annie around cause she was my pussy, that shit was my last straw. I can deal with Lila's snide comments and bitter ego trip all day, but Annie doesn't deserve their shit just cause they're upset with me.

Pulling up to Liam's house, my blood began to boil at the sight of Sean's car in the driveway.

Parking against the curb, I let myself inside before finding Liam and Sean arguing in the kitchen. Both of their heads turned to me as soon as they heard me walk in.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I seethed at Sean, still as riled up as I was earlier this weekend - if not, then more.

"None of your fucking business." He sneered back.

He hardly turned his head back to face Liam before my fist met his cheek.

"You fuck!" He yelled, swinging back.

His fist grazed my ear, leaving his body open for my next swing to hit him square in the nose.

He hunched over, blood already dripping down his face and hand.

Liam rolled his eyes at the two of us, "If you're gonna fight, at least do it outside. My mom gets pissed when we leave blood on the floor."

I worked my jaw, stepping away from Sean before I did anymore damage. My body was already itching to hit him again. He fucking deserved it for all the shit he was causing.

Sean stood back up straight, still clutching his bloody nose, as he glared at me.

As if that was going to have me shaking in my boots. I wasn't the one bleeding.

"If this shit is just cause I decided I was gonna stop racing, this isn't making me wanna fucking help your stupid ass." I said, irritation seeping through my every word.

Sean was still breathing heavy, clearly still working himself up. "My mom might fucking die and you're just not gonna help me anymore. It's fucked." He spit.

I scoffed, nearly throwing my head back in disbelief, "I never fucking said I was gonna stop helping you. I'm just not racing anymore. Doesn't fucking mean I'm not gonna help you get the money for you mom you fucktard. You really are as stupid as you look."

Several beats of silence passed between us as my words sunk into Sean's thick head. The only sound being Sean's labored breathing, his blood still dripping down his hand.

"I got high as shit and called up Lila." Sean started, his shoulders visibly starting to relax, "I don't even know why. Thought it'd annoy you the most, I guess."

Liam loosed a laugh, grabbing a beer from the fridge before heading for the living room. The fight was over, he didn't have to worry about being here to break us up anymore.

I, too, felt myself visibly relaxing - the anger quickly leaving my body. We grew up together as good as brothers. A fight like this between us was nothing, but it still never sits right to fight with family. I was just glad it was going to be behind us now.

"Don't apologize to me, apologize to Annie." I grunted, following suit of Liam.

Sean frowned, "She give you hell?" He asked, following a few steps behind me.

"Not as much as she should have." I said, sinking into the couch.

Liam scoffed, "Don't worry, Clarissa gave me enough for the both of them."