Chapter 15

What do you do after you've gotten everything you've wanted? Do you tell your sisters or your best friend? Do you post cryptic messages on your social media? Or do you keep it to yourself and revel in the moment? Charlotte called in sick to work –which technically wasn't a lie. Her entire body was hoarse, and her throat felt sore. She knew she would not be able to handle talking to patients all day and walking around the hospital.

She had woken up suddenly at four in the morning with an aching in her body that she knew would not subside with just simple painkillers. So, she put in a call to her supervisor, who did not have a hard time believing her sickness thanks to her raspy voice. And then, she went back to sleep with a smile on her face, wrapped in his arms.

When she burst into the warehouse the night before, she had not expected to wake up next to Rio-Christopher. The most she was expecting was to be thrown out of the building and never see him again. Granted, she had always been a bit of a pessimist. Instead, he had shared a part of his life with her. He had revealed a part of the Christopher he was inside. It had only worked to make Charlotte want him more. She'd only scratched the surface, and she knew so much more was hidden underneath.

As she stirred awake once more, she felt arms tightening around her, making it almost impossible to stretch out the tightness of her muscles. She sank into his warmth, cuddling into the curvature of his body. "Hey," she muttered, a satisfied smile crawling onto her lips. "Good morning."

"Ain't you late for work?" Rio mumbled into her hair, hugging her closer to his body. "Not that I'd rather you leave."

"Called in sick," she shrugged. "For some reason, my body feels very sore, and I don't think I'll be doing much learning at the hospital, much less helping patients."

"I do keep my word," he chuckled. "And it gives me an entire day with you."

"You're not tired of me yet?"

"Not even close."

"Well, that's good to know," she smiled. "Now, let me go. I wanna take a shower."

"By yourself?"

"Oh, no," she laughed and hit his arm playfully. "You did not just use that line!"

"What?" Rio chuckled. "I'm just saying, global warming is going on. Better to save water."

"You're gross," she continued her fit of laughter as she walked to the bathroom, Rio following close behind. She tried to close the door behind her but found him already slipping in, a sly grin on his face. "Excuse me, but I need to get undressed to get into the shower."

"I already seen you naked," he chuckled. "Why you acting shy all of a sudden?"

"That was sex. This is different."

"The only difference is that you standing up," he grinned, lifting her chin with his index finger and placing a soft kiss on her lips. "And stop pretending like you ain't thinking the same thing."

"I'm not, Christopher," she said, trying her best to hold back the smile that threatened to stretch across her mouth. "I tend to take my showers by myself now. I'm a big girl, you know?"

"So, if I reach my hand between your legs, I won't find you soaked?" Rio closed any distance left between them, trailing his fingers teasingly across the skin of her thigh. "Because you're already shaking under me, and I've barely touched you."

"It's cause you're standing way too close right now," she shuddered. "I just wanna take a shower."

"Me too."

"Then wait until I'm done," Charlie chuckled. "You already showered last night."

"I didn't shower after that second round," he smirked. "You know, when you woke up in the middle of the night all turned on and needy."