Part 6

We sat in the great hall two days later, there really was no point in mentioning what had happened a few days earlier, but I was still curious as to why the boys were in the dorm.

I sat across from Mattheo and next to Pansy and Delancey.
"So, what were you guys doing in your dorm two days ago?" I questioned with my eyes narrowed.

Mattheo looked up at me. "It doesn't matter," he muttered as he looked back down to his plate.

I narrowed my eyes at him, and I noticed Theo shake his head at me urgently.

Delancey scoffed and I rolled my eyes, Mattheo sighed and just as he did the bell went.

After the last two periods of the day, and after dinner, I walked back to the Slytherin common room with Pansy.

"Mattheo was acting really weird today and yesterday, all of the boys were." She said, and I could hear the curiosity lacing her tone.

"Yeah they were," I agreed.

We walked into the common room and found Theo, Blaise, Enzo, Draco, and Delancey sitting on the couches talking.

"What are you lot talking about?" Pansy asked them as she sat down.
"We were just talking about the quidditch game tomorrow." Blaise replied and Draco nodded.

"And how Potter shouldn't get the privilege of being the seeker in his first year." Delancey said with an annoyed look on her face.

I looked around, "Where's Mattheo?" I asked.
"Astronomy tower probably." Draco said while being slightly zoned out.

I nodded and walked out of the common room, heading up the stairs and down the hallways.
I finally made it to the astronomy tower and walked up the spiral steps.

I made it to the top and sure enough, Mattheo was standing by the edge, leaning his forearms on the railing and peering out onto the vast lakes and forests that covered the ground below.

I walked closer slowly, "Hey Mattheo," I said softly.

He turned his head around and looked at me, "Hey Ev. What are you doing here?" He asked

"I could ask you the same thing." I said and chuckled.
But I went quiet when I walked up to stand beside him and saw the look on his face.

"Do you know why I skipped the Halloween feast with the boys?" He asked quietly, and I shook my head, he was still looking out onto the horizon and I was looking at him.

"It's because that was the same night, that 3 years ago I found out that my father was Voldemort." I gasped slightly, shuddering at the mention of the dark lords name.

"I knew that night was never gonna be the same again, so I just chose to not be around anyone on Halloween. That plan went to shit though when I told the boys, they said they'd stay with me and keep me company." The whole time he was explaining this to me I didn't say a word. I didn't know what to say. I just listened.

After a few moments of silence I spoke, "Why didn't you tell us that he was your father when we first met you?" I asked quietly.

He looked at me this time, "Because, I was.. afraid you wouldn't like me if I told you." He struggled to find the words, and he looked back out onto the horizon.

"Mattheo.." I said softly and he looked at me with sad eyes, "I don't care who your parents are, all that matters is you. They don't define who you are, you do."

He stared at me, not sure what to say. I smiled softly at him, and he looked back out at the horizon.

The sun was beginning to set and the sky had lit up with beautiful bright colours of pink and yellow.

I turned my head to look up at the sky, "It's beautiful," I said quietly.
More silence, until, "Yeah, it is." I turned to look at him and saw that he was looking at me.

He smiled faintly at me, and I smiled back. He then grabbed my waist and pulled me in for a hug, wrapping his arms tightly around me and rubbing my back with his thumb.

I lifted my arms and wrapped them around his neck, pulling him close to me.

We stood like that for what felt like forever, before I pulled away but I didn't step back, I stood close to him still and he looked down at me.

Even though we were the same age he was still slightly taller than me, and he was currently towering over me and looking into my eyes.

The sun had set now, and only the moonlight lit up our faces.

I really don't know what I was thinking, but the next thing I did was so out of pocket.
I lifted myself up onto my tiptoes and kissed him softly on the cheek.

I pulled away and looked up at him.

He looked a bit surprised, flustered even, but he didn't say anything, he just looked at me with wide eyes.

"You should do that more often." He whispered and I giggled, he chuckled back.

"Come on." I said gesturing towards the stairs as I carefully grabbed his cold hand, he squeezed my warm one, and the corners of his mouth twitched up slightly.

I led him down the stairs and ultimately we came to the dungeons, we entered the common room but our friends weren't there anymore.

We walked up the boys side of the room and came to the hallway that was attached to the boys dormitories.

Mattheo spoke and I turned to face him, "Hey, um, thanks for.. that." He said gesturing towards the sky.

I nodded, "Anytime." I said smiling.

He then pushed open his door and walked inside, and I walked back down the stairs and up to the girls dormitories.

I pushed open the door and stepped inside, Delancey was already asleep but Pansy was sitting on her bed on her phone.

She looked up and saw me, "Hey Ev, where have you been?" She asked while typing something on her phone.

"I was with Mattheo." I said casually and her head shot straight up.
"You were with Mattheo? What happened?" She asked with a sly grin on her face.

I scoffed, "He was just a bit upset so I made sure he was okay." I said back. She gave me a pointed look, "And..?" She dragged out.
"And, I may have.. kissed him." She gasped and jumped up from her bed.
"Oh my god!" She yelled and Delancey groaned, "Sorry Lance!" She whispered-yelled.

"Where did you kiss him?" She said all excitedly.
"Just on the cheek." I replied and she looked at bit underwhelmed.

I grimaced and she giggled, "It's a start! I've always shipped you guys, since you met." She said with a huge grin on her face.

"Oh my god Pans." I mumbled as I chuckled lightly.
"Come on, best get some sleep, it'll be a long day tomorrow.. if you know you what I mean." She said with grin on her face.
I chuckled as she got into bed and I walked into the bathroom, getting ready to sleep.

——
Word count: 1216
:)
Also I'm gonna say that yes mobile phones do exist in this book.