Part 9

We were going back to Hogwarts tomorrow, Draco and I had decided to go to Diagon Alley to get supplies for the year.

We walked along the Main Street of Diagon Alley, "I'm gonna try out for the quidditch team this year." Draco said, I looked at him.
"Knock Potter of his broom for me yeah?" I said and he laughed.

Just then Draco gasped, "Hey it's Mattheo and Blaise."
My head snapped up, and I caught a glimpse of them, and a huge smile spread across my face.

Mattheo and I made eye contact and his face lit up.
I sped up my walking and so did he, and soon enough we were so close that I jumped into his arms, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I was resting my head on shoulder, and I lifted my head to look at him.
"Hey Matty." I said with a grin on my face.
"Matty?" He asked with a smile on his face.
I chuckled as I pulled away from him and gave Blaise a  hug.
"You been staying with Blaise?" Draco asked as he greeted Mattheo.

He nodded, "Yeah." He said, "What's our next stop?" He asked.
"Flourish and Blotts," I said, and Mattheo nodded as we began walking towards the book store.

I pushed open the door and I was followed closely by Mattheo, then Draco, and then Blaise.

When we walked in, there was a small crowd already waiting near the front counter, whether it was to buy the books for the school year, or them trying to get a glimpse of Gilderoy Lockhart.

The boys followed me upstairs, and I stood next to Draco as and Blaise went over to some bookshelves and Mattheo sat in an armchair that was behind Draco and I.

We peered over the edge and saw Potter.
He was having his photo taken with Gilderoy Lockhart.
Draco scoffed and I rolled my eyes, and I stepped away from the banister.

I walked over to Mattheo and sat on the chair opposite his, "What's happened?" He asked, clearly seeing the annoyed look on my face.

"Potter happened, he's getting his picture taken with Gilderoy Lockhart." I exclaimed with an irritatated look on my face.

He scoffed, and stood up to look over the banister.
"I reckon Lockhart's a fraud." Blaise said matter-of-factly.

I looked at him, "What makes you say that?" I asked and he said down in the chair Mattheo was in.

"My mum and him, um, you know." He said embarrassed.
I gave a grossed out look, "Really?" I asked and he nodded, "Apparently he got super drunk, and started saying random shit." He explained, "Mum said he told her about him using the memory loss charm a lot and taking other wizards work." He said.

"Wow." Draco muttered.
"Yeah." Blaise said.

"He's walking outside." Mattheo pointed out, so we all walked quickly to the staircase.

On the way down, Draco found a certain book, and flicked to a page, and he ripped it out, shoving the page into his pocket.

Just in time to see Potter.

"Bet you loved that didn't you Potter?" Draco spat.
"Famous Harry Potter, can't even go into a book shop without making the front page." I teased firmly.

Just then, a red headed girl stood in front of Potter, and with her eyes narrowed she said in a dry voice, "Leave him alone."

Mattheo chuckled, "Look Potter, you've got yourself a girlfriend." He said with a grin on his face.

Blaise chuckled, but suddenly, a metal cane tapped Draco on the shoulder, and he turned his head to see who it was, "Now now Draco, play nicely." The man pushed Draco and Mattheo aside to stand next to Blaise and I.

The long haired man looked at Harry, "Mr. Potter. Lucius Malfoy. We meet at last." Then, Lucius grabbed Potter by the arm and pulled him towards him, "Forgive me," He said whilst using his cane to move the hair away from Potters face.
"Your scar is legend.. as of course is the wizard who gave it to you."

"Voldemort killed my parents. He was nothing more than a murderer." Harry mumbled to Lucius.

I looked over at Mattheo, who looked uncomfortable, and I reached down and held his hand in mine, squeezing it.
He looked at me and I gave him a reassuring look.

"Hmm," We heard Lucius say, and looked back at the conversation between him and Potter, but I still held Mattheo's hand.
"You must be very brave to mention his name, or very foolish."

Lucius opened his mouth to say something, but he was interrupted by Granger, "Fear of a name only increases the fear of the thing itself." She said with her eyes narrowed.

Lucius looked at her with disgust, "You must be miss granger." He looked at Draco, who nodded, "Yes, Draco has told me all about you and your parents." Hermione glared at him.

Lucius then turned his head to look at the Weasels, "Let me see, red hair, vacant expressions, he bent down slightly to pick up something out of little Weasleys cauldron, "Tatty, second hand book. You must be the Weasleys." Just as he said that, weasels dad walked up to them, "Children, it's mad in here, let's go outside." He said before looking up at Lucius.

"Well, well, Weasley senior." Lucius said in a cold voice.

"Lucius." Arthur greeted with an impatient look on his face.
"Busy time at the ministry, Arthur? All those extra raids. I do hope they're paying you overtime." He held up the tattered brown book that he had taken out of little Weasleys cauldron, "But judging by the state of this, I'd say not." He chuckled slightly, as he put the book back into her cauldron. "What's the use of being a disgrace to the name of wizard, if they don't even paying you well for it." He said coldly.

"We have a very different idea of what disgraces the name of wizards, Malfoy." Arthur retaliated.

Lucius glared at him, "Clearly, associating with muggles." Lucius stepped closer to Arthur, "And I thought your family could sink no lower." He said and Blaise snickered.

Arthur glared at him.
"I'll see you at work." Lucius muttered, and he slowly turned around, walking out of Flourish and Blotts.

Draco walked and stood in front of Potter, "See you at school." He exclaimed coldly, and he walked off, with Mattheo, Blaise and I following.

This chapters short but I just wanted to write it lol idk why
x