CHAPTER 25: Mafia's Puzzle.

"Ah, the entanglement with The Butcher's Worm is intriguing," remarked Lord Khaliq.

"He was clad in one of Draven's boys' attire," Lord Maximus replied.

"We were all oblivious to this mystery. How did this happen?" inquired Lord Draven.

"Lord Maximus, why did you keep this from us?" Lord Russo's voice was edged with a sense of urgency.

"I aimed for thorough research in solitude, leaving no room for scrutiny. I trust no other's eyes. Yet, he's innocent. Ensnared by the Butcher's Worm after eviction from his apartment, his existence was a mere struggle for survival until our paths intertwined," Lord Maximus explained.

"That implies if you presided over the investigation, Dr. Martini took charge of the treatment," Lord Dusk proposed.

"Indeed, she belongs to the Shaque," Lord Maximus asserted, a sly smile playing on his lips.

"It also  she was well-informed," Lord Dusk mused. "Martini's quite the expert in secrecy," he concluded, a smirk tugging at his lips.

"And how did he acquire the signature note? It suggests he certainly broke into the BlackCroft abode," Lord Khaliq speculated.

"This is where his mystery deepens. Initially, he was entangled with the Butcher's Worm. Among his belongings, we discovered a note bearing the Bar Lords' signature, an identification card, mere extra keys from his former apartment after eviction, and pictures from his time in the orphanage," Lord Maximus revealed, a cloud of smoke lingering around him.

"What about background checks and any affiliations? Is he aware of our rules, particularly Rule 7 that the Butcher's Worm breached? We can't allow a repeat betrayal," Lord Draven queried, his voice carrying a note of concern.

"No chance. He's terrified of meeting his end; he wouldn't dare follow her path. He's squeaky clean—no ties, entirely untainted. From the orphanage to the present, he's fractured to the core, devoid of any belief in love. He's never experienced it; he has nothing to offer beyond a shattered past as a young orphanage boy," Lord Maximus asserted firmly.

"But his clothing wasn't his usual attire. Could it imply he broke into the BlackCroft Abode?" Lord Dusk suggested, probing the situation further.

"No way, its security was a fortress. The key's hidden in a hole; how could he retrieve it empty-handed?" Lord Khaliq remarked in disbelief.

"That's still under investigation. Zayn possesses strength, but he's gripped by his sorrow. I intend to wield his vulnerability as a tool for my power. Although he's broken, but I'll manipulate his repair to my advantage," Lord Maximus declared with a devilish smirk.

"That's a valid concern; we need to ascertain the details of his break-in," Lord Draven said with intensity.

"This mystery is unsettling, but it seems we're aligned in agreement," Lord Dusk responded, his tone contemplative.

"Was he thoroughly questioned about the method of entry?" DNA inquired, seeking clarity.

"I prefer honesty. I'll extract that information personally. His confessions already aligned with our investigations," Lord Maximus asserted, his voice tinged with determination.

"Is he well-versed in our mafia operations?" Russo inquired, taking a sip of his red vodka.

"He willingly joined our ranks after being briefed on the Shaque's rules. There was no coercion; he opted for drug dealings. Though he might not be an expert, we'll assimilate him smoothly," Lord Maximus explained.

"He's not eager to depart the Shaque in blood," Lord Draven remarked, his laughter echoing through the room.

"He's petrified and stucked in our world, but everything is under my control," his demeanor affirmed. He paused, as if recalling something significant. "Ah, Yes! He's completed the first phase."

"Then, it's time for him to meet with the Bar lords," Lord Khaliq suggested, pouring whiskey into his goblet and swiftly emptying it.

"Yes, but only after his training. I'll continue the interrogation, and there's still a mystery to unravel," Lord Maximus stated, his tone constant.

They all nodded in unison as Lord Maximus resumed speaking. "DNA, you'll oversee his comprehensive training, including mastering the Italian language. I assure you, he'll surpass the capabilities of the old Butcher's Worm."

"Yes, My Lord," DNA affirmed.

"During this period, I'll be absent for a brief vacation, making preparations for forthcoming mafia operations and let every soul be informed. We need to act swiftly. I shall return shortly, concluding our meeting for now," Lord Maximus explained, signaling the end of the gathering.

As they stood together, a hushed exchange their whispers weaving a tapestry of doubt and curiosity about Lord Maximus's departure. A tangible sense of awe lingered, their unspoken thoughts hovering around one crucial question—had Lord Maximus started to extend trust towards Zayn? However, the underlying code within the Shaque, etched in its first rule, echoed silently—trust had no place within their world.