Under The Skin

(Y/N)'s POV

As I returned to my subterranean palace, the opulence of its crystal walls and quartz pillars greeted me with an air of familiarity. The underground halls echoed with the distant hum of magical energies, creating an ambiance that resonated with the grandeur befitting a ruler of the underworld. My footsteps, accompanied by a confident smile, reverberated through the expansive corridors as I navigated my way to the private wing of the palace.

However, my smile waned as my eyes fell upon two uninvited but familiar figures – Durnehviir, the ancient undead dragon, and Komori, the vampire. Despite being their ruler, they often assumed the roles of guardians and advisors, taking it upon themselves to scold me when I ventured beyond the confines of my "duties."

With a sigh, I addressed the duo. 

(Y/N) "Hey Durnehviir, Komori..."

The old dragon and the vampire turned their gaze towards me, their expressions unamused. It was clear that my escapades to the surface were not well-received, and their disapproving glances spoke volumes.

Komori, the vampire, questioned my whereabouts with a stern tone. "Where have you been?"

(Y/N) "Adventuring. I went to the surface and explored around, did some things."

The mere mention of my surface excursions caused the two loyal but overprotective subjects to wince, their disapproval evident in their reactions. The underworld was their domain, and my forays to the surface, no matter how brief, seemed to strike a chord with their sense of duty and concern.

In the ensuing silence, a tension hung in the air, as if the very walls of the palace bore witness to the clash between my desire for exploration and the guardianship imposed by my loyal companions.

(Y/N) "What's done is done. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like the two of you to leave my quarters and leave me to my peace."

The words carried a firm finality as I asserted my authority, reminding Durnehviir and Komori of the boundaries that existed even within the confines of my palace. Despite their initial inclination to argue or protest, I wasted no time and, with a swift motion, snapped my fingers.

In an instant, the ancient dragon and the vampire found themselves whisked away, each transported to their respective chambers. It was not merely a display of my command over the arcane, but also a subtle reminder of the power I held as their Sovereign. The act served to reinforce the notion that, should I desire it, I could reduce even these formidable beings to the very dust from which they were reborn.

As the residual traces of magic dissipated, leaving my private quarters in serene silence, I took a moment to relish the solitude. The crystalline walls seemed to shimmer with approval, and the echoes of my sovereign decree lingered in the air.

Entering my grand bedroom, the golden doors close behind me, shutting out the world beyond. The room unfolds before me, a vast expanse of luxury and opulence that I have grown accustomed to as the ruler of these realms. The sheer scale of the chamber could easily accommodate an entire party of nobles, yet it remains a private sanctuary reserved solely for my use.

As I step further into the room, the air is thick with the lingering magic that infuses the very essence of my underground palace. Gilded furnishings, draped in rich fabrics, stand as testaments to the craftsmanship that befits my royal stature. The walls, adorned with intricate carvings and shimmering crystals, reflect the grandeur that surrounds me.

With a sigh, I allow the cares of the day to dissipate. The golden doors, symbolic guardians of my solitude, seal off the outside world. It's a moment of respite, a time for relaxation and contemplation amid the splendor that envelops me.