Episode 2: That One Strange Cat

The next day had arrived faster than anticipated. In the center of the island a door opens and another critter steps out; holding a clipboard and pen with one hand. With his free hand the critter closes the door and locks it. He's all set for another day of work now. The critter leaving his house is a purple cat. This critter isn't a part of the Smiling Critters friend group, but he has seen the group move in yesterday.

When the critter landed his feet on the ground, he held onto his pen and opened his mouth a bit. With his purple tail extending on its own, he threw the rope ladder back up to the house. He couldn't risk having another critter break into his house.

The cat critter had decided to introduce himself to his new neighbors and tell them his occupation. It's part of his job, but not just any regular job. He started with the honey igloo. It wasn't a long walk to get there. When he arrived, he cleared his throat and quickly rang the doorbell.

Inside Bobby is on her phone looking for more artists for her secret shipping shrine while preparing some toast for breakfast when she heard a knock on the door. She looked up from her phone.

"Who could be ringing this early?" Bobby asked herself. "I'm sure I didn't hire any artists yet for my Kickin loves Hoppy ship."

Bobby walked toward her door. She looked out the window and saw the purple cat. She thought he was creepy because he spotted Bobby looking out the window and gave her a slow wave. This made Bobby shudder and look away from her window.

'That was scary.' Bobby thought fearfully. 'Why would this random critter be staring at me through my window like that?' She then let out a tense sigh. 'Okay, don't panic just yet Bobby. Just open the door, find out what this critter wants, then close the door and keep on looking for artists. Simple.'

Outside the cat critter felt a sense of disappointment. He didn't mean to scare the bear critter. He let out a sigh and turned to leave. Behind him looks like a blue Summer house. The cat critter settled on that being his next stop.

Before the cat critter had a chance to leave, he heard the door open. He turned back and saw the bear critter had opened the door and looked at him with unease.

"C-Can I help you?" the bear critter asked.

"Oh! Uh..." the cat critter trailed off. He cleared his throat before continuing. "Good morning miss. My name is CatNap, and I would like to welcome you to Critter Valley. It's a very big island and it is really nice. You'll find lots of company all around you."

Bobby glanced away from CatNap briefly; feeling oddly uncomfortable about this. "Uhh, thanks?" she asked.

"Sure. Anyway, I'm Critter Valley's sleep therapist." CatNap continued. "What I do is help critters fall asleep and I watch them to ensure that they have a peaceful sleep."

"You WHAT?!" Bobby shouted in fear. "Uh, look I'm sorry but I do not want some random critter come up to me and tell me they watch me fall asleep. That's just creepy." She then slammed her door shut and locked it.

CatNap sighed again, wrote on his clipboard then slipped a piece of paper in Bobby's new mailbox by the fence. It was CatNap's business card containing his information. He thought Bobby could use it just in case.

On to the next stop as he intended.

CatNap walked towards the blue house and rang the doorbell.

Bubba was drinking his coffee while reading a Science Fiction novel when he heard his doorbell ring. Bubba was confused. He hadn't ordered anything yet. It was only day two of living in his new house.

Regardless, he decided to answer the door. Maybe it might be a neighbor or one of his friends stopping by for breakfast. It wouldn't hurt to give his friends or new critters a warm welcome and offer them some breakfast.