Chapter Six

*trigger warning*
I'm awaken out of my sleep in the middle of the night by someone at the door ringing the doorbell. I look over at the alarm clock and it's 5 o'clock in the morning. I try to ignore the doorbell and fall back asleep but the person outside won't stop ringing it. A loud groan escapes my mouth as i look over at Dom that doesn't seem fazed by the annoying sound. i slowly pull myself out of his tight embrace and get up and put on my robe, making my way down the stairs towards the front door.

"Tonio what the fuck are you doing here it's 5 in the morning." i say as i open the door and i study his current state. He looks a mess, his eyes are red with bags under them and i can obviously tell he's drunk.

"Can i come in please?" he slurs. I move out of the way of the door and stretch my arm out signaling him to enter.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" i ask as he flops down on the couch and lets out loud huff. I sit down next to him and it takes a while before he responds.

"i fucked it all up." he says simply. I stare at him, waiting for him to continue and i can tell he's racking his brain trying to figure out how he wants to say what's on his mind.

"fucked what up?" i ask him softly.

tears start to fall from his eyes and i try to pull him in for a hug but he shakes his head gently and wipes his face.

"i feel like if i tell you, you're going to look at me differently." he tells me as he looks me in my eyes.

"you can tell me anything, i swear."

he stares at me for a while trying to decide if he wants to say it and finally, he breaks down.

"I hate myself so much for what i did, they needed me and i left them with nothing! she killed herself and i couldn't take looking at them everyday because they look so much like her! i took all his money and just left without a word and they'll never forgive me for that shit. Alex was just a kid Jade and me and Dom were the only thing he had and i just left!" He sobs loudly as he speaks and i pray to God he doesn't wake up Dom.

I slowly piece together what he's saying and i back away from him a little as i realize what money he's talking about. It was the money, that Dom and i had saved together from selling weed, that we were going use for our first apartment. He told me someone broke in and stole it.

I'm at a loss for words and i surprise myself by pulling him in for a hug to try to calm him down. "Shh it's okay." i repeat over and over as i rub his back and eventually he falls asleep. I grab a blanket from the hallway closet and drape it over him, before making my way back upstairs.

I climb back into bed trying not to wake Dom but i fail.

"Where'd you go?" he asks as he pulls me close to him holding me tightly.

"i just went to the bathroom." i always hated lying to him but i feel like in this moment i had to.

"you okay baby?" he asks with his eyes still closed. "yes im fine baby just go back to sleep okay? i love you." i peck him on the lips and he smiles a little. "i love you too." he mumbles and not long after i hear him snore quietly.

I can't stop thinking about what Antonio had said. i knew that Antonio had moved shortly after their moms funeral but i never knew the severity of the issue because Dom would never tell me, no wonder Dom always got so tense when i brought him up. i feel so guilty now that i think back to all of the times where i would try to get him to talk about it and he would either shut down or blow up.

The next morning when i wake up, i reach my arms out for Dom but he's not there. I lift my head and look across the room to where the bathroom is, thinking he might be in there but the door is wide open and it's dark inside.