Chapter Sixteen

My heart is pounding out of my chest as I walk through the club, on a mission to find Chris. I make my way over to the bar and see him and Alex there laughing, while drinking and passing a blunt back and forth.

"Chris give me your keys." I say to him once I reach him.

"Why where are you going?" He slurs and I'm starting to get more angry by the second.

"I don't have time for questions, just give me your damn keys." I yell in his face and he looks at me In shock.

"Are you okay?" He asks, sitting up straight in his seat. I let out a loud groan as I sit down next to him and I stare back and forth between him and Alex.

"Dom has been running drugs out of my club and you motherfuckers knew didn't you?" I say loud enough where only they could hear me.

Their faces drop and I watch as Alex finishes his drink and places his head in his hands.

"Y'all weren't even going to tell me about the jewelry heist either, huh? And Chris, I remember asking you, if you knew anything about it and you lied to my face." I continue, and they both stare at me speechless, which makes me even angrier.

"Yeah I thought so, Chris just give me your fucking keys, I'll bring the car back later!"

He slowly takes his keys out of his pocket and I snatch them from him and quickly walk away.

I don't know what I'm upset about the most, the fact that my husband knew this club is my dream and still decided to put it at risk or the fact that my brothers knew the whole time and didn't tell me.

I make my way to the car and quickly pull out of the parking lot and speed down the road towards the hospital.

Driving Chris's car, is making me want to buy a car of my own. I've spent so long being driven around by Dominic that I've forgotten how good it feels to not have to depend on someone to take me places.

It doesn't take long to make it to the hospital. I try to calm myself down as I walk towards Antonio's room but once I look through the window of the room door and see Dom sitting across from it, my blood begins to boil again.

I open the door and Dom looks up to me with those brown eyes that I love so much, he looks exhausted and I start to feel bad about coming to argue with him in the state that he's in.

"I missed you." His weak, quiet voice says to me.

I don't respond, I just stare at him as I rack my brain to come up with the words to say to him.

He surprises me by getting up from his chair and coming over to me, pulling me into a tight embrace. I can't bring myself to wrap my arms around him and he notices.

He pulls away from me and stares into my eyes for a moment before he responds.

"Jade, I'm so sorry. I've been being really shitty and you don't deserve that at all. I love you and I will make it up to you, I promise."

His words go into one ear and out the other as I stare him plainly.

"I met with the connect today." I start off and his body tenses.

"Oh yeah? How'd that go?" He asks before clearing his throat and taking a step back from me.

"She told me everything Dominic, from the drugs in and out of my club to you robbing a fucking jewelry store, are you serious, how stupid could you be? Do you understand how bad it would be if y'all were caught, for fucks sake Dominic you're famous, anybody could've spotted you and it would've been over for all of us, and our baby would have to grow up without parents, is that something you want? Huh, is it?"  I'm yelling at this point and he's starting to look stressed as he paces around the room.

"Jade I'm sorry for not telling you, okay? I knew you weren't going to approve if I had told you, and Tony said this was the only way the connect would work with us. You don't have to worry about us getting caught, we made sure to cover our tracks." He explains.

"I sure fucking hope so, because not only do we have to worry about getting The Saints off of our ass, but now, we have to worry about working with a connect that's on the run from the police, and making sure you and our brothers don't go down! One wrong move and we're all fucked up!"

I turn to leave the room but he pulls me by the arm and turns me back towards him.

"Have The Saints done something else, and what do you mean our connects on the run?" He asks with a confused look on his face.

I let out a sigh as I sit down and pull at the roots of my hair, Dom sits down next to me and tries to grab my hand, but I pull away from him.

"Dominic so much shit has happened, but you would know that if you weren't stuck in this damn room all day. First of all The Saints broke into our apartment while I was at my doctors appointment and trashed the place, then I caught Ashley on the cameras going through my office at the club, turns out not only is she being threatened to work for The Saints but she's pregnant as well, and our connect, it's Kylie."

His eyes widen as I speak, he slouches back in his seat and stares at me with a shocked expression on his face.

"What's the plan here?" He asks.

"I'm calling a meeting at 10 o'clock tomorrow morning to go over everything, you need to be there Dom this is important." I tell him as I stand up and walk towards the door. Before I walk out I turn to him one last time and stare at him for a while before I speak.

"You never even asked me about the appointment." I let the door slam behind me once I finally walk out, and try to hold back tears as I make my way to the parking lot.

I get back in the car and I drive in silence as I  make my way back to the club. I pull around to the back and text Chris that I left the keys in the office, not really wanting to talk to him face to face right now.

I push through the crowd of people in the club and walk outside to the front and wait until my Uber comes.

"Jade?" I hear from behind me. I turn around to see my doctor, Allison, standing there with a smile on her face.

"Hi Allison how are you?" I ask, as she pulls me into a hug and I awkwardly hug her back.

"I'm great, i heard you own this place, i had to come check it out, it's great by the way." She tells me, her bright smile never leaves her face, and I smile back at her as I thank her quietly.

We stand awkwardly next to each other while I check my phone to see where my Uber is and it says that it's 5 minutes away. Great.

"I don't know if this is inappropriate or not but, I think that you're really beautiful and I was wondering if I could take you out some time." She says as she moves a piece of hair out of my face and tuck it behind my ear, I stare at her the entire time in shock.

"I'm sorry, you seem great but I'm happily married." I tell her as I put my hand up and show her my ring.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, he wasn't there with you today, I assumed you two were separated. Now I'm embarrassed." She exclaims and I grab her hand to calm her.

"It's okay, I promise, it was just a simple misunderstanding." I reassure her. My Uber finally comes and I walk towards it but turn to face Allison before I get in.

"Have a great night." I tell her simply, with a smile. I get into the backseat and the drivers pulls away immediately and we make our way to the hotel I'll be staying at tonight.