Chapter Eleven

Music is playing softly in the background as Dom and i hold each other closely and sway to the beat of the song. We've been off standing closer to the shore, in our own little world for half an hour, as everyone talked and enjoyed themselves. My head is placed on Dom's chest and the sounds of his heart beat mixed with the sounds of the waves crashing against the shore is bringing me peace.

"Can you guys come over here please?" Anthony asks softly as he walks closer to us.

i nod and reluctantly pull away from Dom and grab his hand, walking with him back over to where everyone else is standing.

"We have to get going, we have an early flight back home in the morning but we just wanted to give you your last gift from us before we left." Anthony tells me as he hands me a black guitar case.

I put the case down on the sand and squat down so i can open it easier and my body freezes as soon as i see the guitar. It's a matte black bass guitar with the word "Bootsy" written on it in gold sharpie.

"Bootsy? As in Bootsy Collins?" i ask looking up at them in pure shock and they nod with big smiles on their faces. Bootsy Collin's has been one of my favorite musicians since i was a child, back when my mom used to play his music everyday when she would cook or clean up.

"Oh my God thank you guys so much! How the fuck did you get Bootsy Collin's to sign my guitar?" I ask them as i stand back up.

"I know some guys that like you and Doms music and they recently worked with Bootsy, so i asked if they could help me and one thing leads to another and boom he signed it!" Anthony tells me and i let out a laugh as he explains it.

"It's amazing." i stare at in awe for a moment and finally pull them both into hugs.

"I'm going to miss you guys so much, travel safe and let me know when you land, okay?" i tell them as i pull away from the group hug and look at them both in the eyes.

"I'm going to miss you too." They both say simultaneously.

"Promise to come to Miami? I would love to have you on the show." Anthony expresses and i'm hesitant to respond. The thought of going back home sends chills through my body as i try not to relive the past traumas.

"I promise." i finally respond. He smiles and pulls me into a hug before they finally walk away.

"I have to get going too, i have business i need to take care of but this is 10k for you, I kind of owe you." Antonio walks over to me and hands me a big stack of cash out of his bag and my jaw drops at the sight.

"This is so much more than the amount you took!"

"Think of it as interest." he says simply with a shrug and walks away and Alex leaves shortly behind him, muttering something about his girlfriend's waiting for him before he goes.

i chuckle and walk over to my guitar case and put the money inside.

"And for the best gift of the night, i'm taking you on a shopping spree, anytime you would like and no limit." Chris says to me with a smile as he wraps his arms around my shoulder.

"Is this because you just didn't know what to get me?" I joke.

He chuckles and drops his head down, "you're absolutely right."

He kisses my cheek and bids us a good night.

"You ready to go home?" Dom asks, pulling me tightly by the waist closer to him.

"But i love the beach." I whine as i lay my head on his chest and stare out at the ocean.

The beautiful sight almost makes me miss Florida.