Chapter One

*This chapter is set in 1975.*

"Come on John, you can shag your girl later!"
shouted Roger Taylor, impatiently waiting for him to come outside. Snow fell rapidly against the windshield, covering the ground in a gorgeous white blanket that made the road nearly invisible.

"Better than shagging his car" Brian mumbled, rolling his eyes. He regretted his words almost instantly, knowing how defensive Roger was about his car. He once locked himself in the tape closet during the recording sessions for Bohemian Rhapsody, just to get his awful automobile-romance song as the B-side.

"Really? Brian, if you're going to be like that, you can walk to Fred's.", "God, I hope the wind doesn't mess up your curls!" he mocked in a girly voice, toying with his long blonde hair.

Brian quickly threw his hands in the air, protecting his dark curls, that admittedly would've been destroyed by those harsh winds. "I was just saying!"

John leaves the house after what felt like an eternity of terror for Brian. Terror that he'd have to trudge through the thick snow in his beloved clogs if he made another joke about Roger's writing choices.

John hopped in the back seat, gently placing three gorgeously wrapped gifts next to him. The top one labeled "fragile", with a gift tag: "To: Freddie".

"I heard you in there! You know, at least I'm in love with a human!", John laughed. The blonde unsurprisingly didn't find this joke very funny. Without saying a word, he slammed his foot on the gas, John's neat pile of gifts nearly catapulting themselves from the seat. Brian clicked his seatbelt, ensuring he was well-protected from Roger's driving skills, while slowly combing through his hair, once again.

"Fucking hell, you people don't understand metaphors apparently." The rest of the ride was silent, Brian and John afraid to speak while stifling their laughter. They couldn't help themselves from making fun of Roger's "car song".

++|++

When the band finally arrived at Freddie's flat, Roger was quickly humbled by his ridiculously-sized gift for Freddie.

"You know, Brian, after putting up with your bitchiness, a little help would nice", the blond grunted after another failed attempt to lift the box. Brian lifted it with ease, taking notice to the tag, once again, "To: Freddie".

"What the hell Roger? Bold of you to ask me for help with this box when the gift you got me is thinner than my patience!" Brian rolled his eyes yet again, making his way from Roger's car up to Freddie's flat. Sometimes he'd try to piss off Roger for his own entertainment. It was never very difficult.

Once Roger finally makes it up the stairs, trailing behind to prove a point, the three of them entered Fred's lavishly decorated flat. Mistletoe hung from his archway, visitors greeted by a huge Christmas tree, decorated in colorful lights, handmade ornaments, and of course, a stunning Japanese doll on top of the tree. Freddie greeted the three of them and adjusted the volume of the record player, blaring festive tunes throughout the flat.

"Hello darlings! I've been waiting for you all long enough!" Freddie welcomed everyone into the lounge, setting out wine glasses for each of them.

"Yeah well Joh-"

"Only four glasses? Where's Mary?" Brian
questioned, cutting off Roger's unnecessary comment. It was rare that they spent an occasion without her, especially a holiday like Christmas!
"She's at work", Freddie replied. "Biba needed her. They're short-staffed apparently."