Chapter Seven

This chapter is very loosely based of/inspired by the party scene from Bohemian Rhapsody, although I've decided to make it a bit more enjoyable for the band, and make it more themed to a New Years party.

*Chapter is set in 1985 on New Years Eve.*

"My darlings, the time has finally come, to get absolutely shit faced!"

Crowds of people filled Freddie's ridiculously large, lavishly decorated mansion. Friends of Freddie's, the band, husbands and wives, and anyone Freddie could possibly convince to come was there, drink in hand, dancing horribly under the warm light of Freddie's fancy chandeliers.

They all raised their drinks, toasting to the new year. Cheers flooded the room as Freddie paraded through the large mass of people, holding up his crown while his soft red cape dragged against the shiny tiled floor.

The groups of people separated slowly, making a path for Freddie where he crossed through to a larger room, Paul Prenter pulling off his cape, leaving him in his queen crown, tight red leather trousers, and a gorgeous detailed top, completed with silver shoulder pads and white fringe.

He bumped glasses with several strangers, faces caked in makeup he couldn't begin to make out, smacked a few fat bottomed girls, and despite Paul's bitchy remarks about staying loyal, kissed one of the servers.

Spreading his arms out wide, he plopped himself down on an armchair across from Brian, filling his glass with the most expensive champagne available to him.

"Cheers, to 1986!" They said in unison, John furrowing his brows when Freddie neglected his glass.

"Cheers to you, too."

"Yeah, I'll take some that!" Roger smiled, taking the champagne directly from Paul's hands, who simply scoffed, walking away. He obviously had drank quite a lot more than he wanted to admit before Freddie arrived.

"Any plans for the new year, Brian?" Freddie looked at him, drinking his champagne that was already nearly empty. "Ever thought about cutting your hair?" He smirked, placing his crown on the table beside him.

"Never!" The guitarist snapped back, brushing through his frizzy curls, "I was born like this."

"Come on!" Freddie called, Super Freak by Rick James blaring against the large walls of Garden Lodge, echoing through the crowds of people that filled each hall. "Let's dance!"

"Don't have to tell me twice!" Deacy jumped up, in full groove. Once he's had enough to drink, it was easy to understand why they called him the Dancing Queen.

"Yeah, I don't dance, Freddie." Brian sat back, sipping his drink slowly, watching as Roger started dancing with Dominique, dramatically spinning her and throwing her over his arm.

She's a very kinky girl-

The music was interrupted by Freddie standing on top of the table, calling to the hundreds of people that mingled throughout his home.

"It's my party, and I demand you dance! By royal decree!"

"Fine... since it's such a special night." Brian sighed, grabbing Chrissie who willingly joined him on the dance floor.

She will never let your spirits down!

Roger nearly pissed himself laughing at Brian's ridiculous jig-like dance, joining him in a kick line that John had started.

"Look at us!" Roger giggled in his signature girly voice.

"Look at us!" Brian repeated, unable to stop his drunken self from laughing. "You look like a cracked-out schoolgirl Roger!"