t h r e e

It's officially been a three months since I've been here and Jack and I have become close. I figured out the blonde girl I'd seen him making out with my first day, was his girlfriend. They've apparently been dating for a year and a half. Besides Anna, Jack was my best friend. I've also met Shawn, Cameron, and Matt. Anyway, it was Friday night, and Jack and I were going to hang out at his house for Freaky Movie Friday. Every other Friday we watch a scary movie and just have fun for the night.
"Mom, I'm going to Jack's."

"Okay," she said. "You two are getting pretty close,"

"He's my best friend, and plus, he has a girlfriend."

"Don't give your hopes up."
I giggle at her remark.
"Me and your father are leaving for the weekend, we should be back by next Friday."
"Oh okay."

Grabbing my car keys, to my new recently bought black Chevy, I got in and drove to Jack's house. After a short drive, I pulled in his driveway. He lived with his sisters' Molly and Lauren, and I loved his parents. They treated me like I belonged there. I knocked on the door, waiting a few seconds and there was Jack shirtless, with a smirk on his face.
"Hey Gilinsky."
I smiled at him, as he moved aside, letting me in. I walked in, seeing Cameron, Shawn, and Matt talking among themselves as they waited for me to get there.
"Hey guys." I said, sitting on the couch, and throwing my legs over Jack's lap, and he picked up his phone.
"Betting you he's texting Lucy," Cam said, Shawn agreeing with a nod.
After a few minutes, Jack put his phone down, and placed his hand on my thigh.
"Getting a bit comfortable, Ari?" Matt teased. I playfully hit his arm as the movie started. Throughout the movie, I laid my head on his shoulder. My hand was on my knee, and his hand lightly touched mine. Without looking away from the TV, I felt his hand scooting closer, and once our hands touched, we looked at each other. I looked from his eyes to his lips and back to his eyes. Jack licked his lips and we slowly leaned in. As we were inches apart, I got the feeling he gave me the first day we met. Then the doorbell rang, causing us to jump.
"I'll get it." Jack said, as I removed my legs from his lap. He walked towards his door, and we heard it open.
"Jack baby!" I heard, and I immediately knew who it was; Lucy.

"Lucy, w-what are you doing here?"

"Well, I was thinking we could go to my place, since my parents are out of town, we could have-"

"Hi Lucy." I said, leaning against the wall next to Jack.

"What is she doing here?" She asked to Jack in a snobby tone, putting her hand on his chest.
"I could ask you the same."
Let me say, he doesn't know my past, and my 'bad girl' history, but when people get on my nerves, I get pissed off.
"So Jack, wanna come?"
I looked at Jack with pleading eyes. Would he actually go with her? Then I realized something I didn't know was hidden inside me.
"Don't wait up." He said, walking out with Lucy. I felt a tear sting in my eye as I walked to the door, and saw them drive away. The tears slipped onto my cheeks.
"Did he actually go?" Shawn said.

"Ari, you okay?"

I turned around, wiping my tears. My back leaned against the door, and I looked at the ceiling.
"I love Jack."

Cameron laughed.
"Yeah, we know. You guys are really close-"

I shook my head.
"No,"

"I'm in love with him."