t w e n t y o n e

I woke up, and saw Jack standing in the bathroom, fixing his hair. I sat up, rubbing my eyes, before walking over to his direction.
"Where you going babe?" I asked, kissing his cheek.

"The guys want me to meet up with them downtown, I'll be back in a few hours." Jack smiled, before hugging me tightly.

"I love you, Ari."

"I love you too." I said back, before lightly kissing his lips. He walked down to Kaden's room, kissing his head, before leaving the apartment.
I brushed my teeth, and changed into high waisted denim shorts and a sweatshirt because it was starting to change into fall. I went into Kaden's room, and he was already awake, standing in his crib.
I picked him up, putting him on my hip. I changed him, grabbed a bottle, and began to feed him. My phone started to ring, and the contact read on my phone: Mia💗

Mia💗: Hey Ari! Got back from our honeymoon last night!

Me: Hey! Just feeding Kaden.

Mia💗: I have great news! I'm pregnant!

------
I talked to Mia for about an hour, and I congratulated her about her baby, and not long after we hung up, Matt called me.
"Hello?" I said.

"Ari, come down to the hospital, now."

"W-why? What happened?" I got really nervous. The pit of my stomach began to turn.

"It's Jack. He's been in a car accident."

The world began to move faster, and my head began to pound. I drove as fast as I could to the hospital, trying to get to my fiancé. I walked into the waiting room, to find everyone standing around the chairs.
"Arianna," Katherine said, but I handed her Kaden, and ran off to his room.

"Ari, stop!" I heard. By this time, my eyes were pouring with tears, my knees began to go weak. Then, I found his room, but the doctor stood in front of the door.
"Ma'am, you can't go in there," he said with a firm tone.

"That's my fiancé in there! Let in in!"
I said, pounding on his chest. I began to cry more and more.
"Ari, come here."
I was turned around by Cameron, and he held me tightly, as I cried and cried, screaming out for Jack even though he couldn't hear me. Why is this happening? I wish this was just a dream..because now it's a living nightmare.