Chapter one: The Day Before Hell.

it was one Sunday morning as I was peacefully sleeping ... hearing the birds chirping, the cars on the street passing by and hearing the sound of cars honking ... people talking and dogs barking and just the wind brushing my face. I woke up to get the day started and made some breakfast in my cozy townhome close to downtown Los Angeles. after making some of my mom's famous coffee I turned on tv to hear the news since there was nothing interesting on for me to tune into. ' Good morning, Los Angeles! I'm Lisa Claire and Here's Today's weather. Today will be sunny with blue skies at 76 degrees! up next Is your daily news! '. listening to the news and hearing the sound of my bacon cooking and stirring my eggs I was already ready to get my day going by running errands and stopping by parent's house to see how they're doing and catch up with them. as I started to eat, catch up on some of my college work on my laptop and hearing the news my phone begins to ring ... It was my best friend, Dani. " Hello darling, what you to today? I miss you asshole " she said to me in her soft Irish accent. I haven't been able to see her as we normally did since she's been planning to move to Portland. one thing about her ... she's not afraid to pack her bags and leave even when she has to. " Hello Dani girl! just doing some schoolwork right now and going to run a few errands, what's up? and I miss you too asshole. " I replied to her. "  ... I'm currently flying to Los Angeles today and I wanted to come see you of course plus Jacob is wanting to see you obviously. want to go out tonight? " She says. my phone was blowing up so much that I completely zoned out after hearing her question ... It Started to feel as my brain just stopped working just from so much happening all at once and it was almost Starting to drive me crazy. But I didn't want Dani to feel that I was mad or ignoring her. " Solane ... you there Darling ... everything ok? " Dani says on the phone. I snapped out of it and calmed myself and not let my thoughts control me. " Yes, I'm still here dans, I'm so sorry I zoned out from this schoolwork but yes! I'm down to go out with you and Jacob ... I missed you guys! text me when you guys land! " I replied to her. I can feel her excitement through the phone and that's one thing I love about Dani ... just her being happy. plus, her and Jacob haven't seen me since she moved, and he moved out of the city too to start his own journey as he promised for his future. I was more than just happy to see my best friends again after not being able to see them much. I wish they could move back to LA. " omg! yay! and of course, darling! I will text when we land! I love you sol " Dani says. my smile began to rise on my face and just before she hangs up, I replied as I smiled and said, " I love you more dans, see you tonight " and she did her favorite saying before she hangs up " byeeeee" with her Irish accent. I turned my phone faced down to finish up my last piece of work before I wash up and start the day in Los Angeles. I summited my work, closed my laptop and started to wash off my dishes and went to shower. As I was Showering ... I Had 4 Missed calls from Mom, 5 messages from mom and 4 voicemails plus 4 messages from dad. ' This is breaking news for Los Angeles! a young man in Venice beach was currently bitten and attacked. authorities say they have no clue how this happened or what may be the cause. witnesses say they remember the person acting strange, weird body language and unable to speak. This is Lisa Claire on Channel 4 KTLA news! we'll be right back. " I got out the shower to get ready, brush my teeth, do my hair and makeup. my phone began vibrating again on my kitchen table where I left it, and It was My Mom again, still in my bathroom finishing up I began heading downstairs to get my converse's and grabbed my belongings. I went to grab my Phone and saw how many calls and texts I missed but there was more. 10 messages from Amy, 6 missed calls from Carla, 19 missed calls from dad, 15 missed calls from mom and 2 voicemails from Amy. Amy and Carla are my new friends in Los Angeles, we go to the same college together and they're amazing and love spending time with them ... hopefully Dani and Jacob can meet them when they fly into Los Angeles tonight. I immediately left a message in I, Amy and Carla's group chat and called my mom back as I walked out my townhome and locked the door behind me. as my mom's phone is still ringing and I start my car and she finally answered. "Omg Solane! seriously! I've been calling you and you haven't answered your phone! I was worried." mom said. she was really upset at me; it was hard to process my response because I hate my mom being worried. it just hurts me in a way that's hard to explain but you may understand. " Sorry mom, I left my phone downstairs and was showering so I couldn't answer. everything ok? I reply. she paused for a second and she was making me nervous ... she took a deep breath and told me some bad news that happened, and it really scared me. " a young man was bitten in Venice beach... they said it on the news and honey... you're twenty-seven minutes from Venice. she spoke. I was frozen and speechless as my heart dropped to Stomach and I almost felt sick ... I was Starting to worry about My parents, Amy and Carla. They Live in Beverly Hills and My parents live in west Hollywood, I was Overthinking a lot, and I really didn't know what to do ... I was scared and just really wanted to cry but I didn't. " Honey, I really need you be careful, and I'd recommend Amy and Carla staying over at your house or you stay at theirs just to be safe. okay? will you be okay baby? " She said to me. I wiped my tears and calmed myself before replying and said " yeah mom, I'll tell them, and I'll be okay. Oh, and mom in case something happens only if ... I love you and dad so much and thank you for everything you've done for me ... " I paused and sniffled to begin almost crying and continued talking to my mom incase it's my last time ... " I really love you and him so much mom. I do. I love you " I said. my mom was sniffling herself. she was more scared than I was but she's a very strong woman and same with my dad ... he's strong and independent, she was quiet for a second to calm herself from crying and she continued and said " my sweet baby... me and your dad love you so very much, okay? everything we did was for you and only for you... I love you so much my Solane be safe ... mom and dad love you so much. " She Hung up and I texted Amy and Carla back and asked if I could sleepover tonight at their house to be safe since they also heard the news that happened in Venice beach as well. They both responded and said Of course Sol's! and my body immediately went back to normal but the other part of me was still scared from The News and I Knew Eventually... downtown Los Angeles will be bitten and destroyed, and the people won't be themselves anymore.