About

Summary:
Khushi is an internet famous 27 year old fashion designer from Lucknow. She has a chirpy and childish demeanor yet could not be more mature, brave and compassionate. She is the apple of her father's eye, loves Salman ji, cricket, keeping track of star signs and making jalebis is toh her therapy! She is desperate to expand her business outside the social media and start her own label in fashion. Willing to work hard, armed with her ever sharp wit and an optimistic twinkle in her eye, she is on a serious look out for a big-break opportunity to establish herself in the tough world of fashion business. And this could not happen in the most bizarre manner as she literally falls into it. Who knew ending up at the wrong place at the wrong time would in fact turn out to be the opposite - right place, right time and...right person.

The fashion industry however is dominated by the King of Indian Fashion: Arnav Singh Raizada, especially known for his bridal and ethnic wear. All of the who's and who of the fashion world in India looks up to the Raizada brand for its exquisite traditional indian wear. Everyone wants a "Raizada" wedding lehenga for their wedding or anything with the "Raizada" label on it. And now, as the brand gears up to expand globally, Arnav Singh Raizada aka ASR is now on a spree for assembling a team to get this transition right and is looking for someone that would make this re-positioning as a global venture a resounding success. But "life" does not stop happening because you have an obviously important international expansion to make, does it?

On his trip for a pivotal fashion show (among other things) to Lucknow, a woman practically hijacks his runway and stumbles right into his arms! The design she is wearing comes to be the most celebrated look of the show. It is not a Raizada design but no one has figured it out. This irks him to no end for reasons he he isn't able fully understand even though the event is a huge success. Arnav has a legacy of being the best in his business. And being the control freak that he his, he has to ensure that this lucknowi designer does not get snatched up by his competitors who are always clawing at his throat to get ahead of him. He is known as the King of Indian Fashion for a reason after all!

Read on to find out what happens when Arnav drags Khushi to Delhi to work for him and these two crazies struggle to overcome some critical personal and creative differences while working together. Will this choice be the worst decision of their lives? Will it be the beginning of their doom or the start of something new?

Author's Note:
Iss Darr Ko Kya Naam Doon is a combination of "fix-it" and "canon-based" fanfiction of an Indian TV show from 2011 called Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon which is about lead protagonists Khushi played by Sanaya Irani and Arnav played by Barun Sobti.

It is an old-fashioned romance style in a progressive setting. The story takes place in 2023 of Lucknow and Delhi. The language used here is a mixture of English and Roman English. The essence of all the characters remains same except for a few changes made to make them more progressive and relatable. Khushi and Payal are educated and modern individuals who were brought up in a traditional middle-class environment. Nani belongs to an old Rajasthani royalty that no longer exists and Arnav has immediate paternal roots in an old Nawaabi family from Lucknow. Arnav and Khushi's encounters will be less toxic and more filled with fun near hostilic yet healthy romantic tension as compared to the show and Shyam's character will not be a villain. Basically my vision is to retain all the essential canon events from the show and adding more compelling and favourable twists & turns to the story. Sort of like a remake but make it way less toxic, way more wholesome, way more sexy/romantic, more progressive and a more nuanced character growth. Bit of a 2.0 version of the original show, in some ways.

Anyone who hasn't watched the show won't have any problem following the plot/significance of the canon events and will be bound to fall in love with the crazy enemies to lovers chemistry that us fans of the show know and LOVE about Arnav and Khushi's romance. Hope yall have as good a time reading it as I know I will have writing it. Enjoy:)

Genre:
Drama | Romance | Comedy | Wholesome | Family Drama | Friendship | Social Issues

Tropes:
Enemies to lovers | Slow burn | Canon-based | He falls first | Office romance | Forced proximity | Grumpy MMC and sunshine FMC | Meaningful romantic encounters | Fix-it canon events | Fake Marriage/Marriage of Convenience(TBD)

Trigger Warning: (Light-Medium Level)
Childhood Trauma | Suicide | Depression | Mental Health Issues