FINE LINE | DATE NIGHT

CHAPTER THREE | DATE NIGHT

The anxious adult stood outside by the movie theater as he waited for his date to show. He's been waiting for what seemed like an eternity but when he checked his watch it has only been six minutes and counting.

'Fuck'

Jungkook mentally cussed, feeling as if he was being stood up. He's never had a date show up later than a minute or two and it's been almost seven. The growing time was making him nervous - actually everything was making him nervous, slightly nauseous as well.

Jungkook has suffered from anxiety for a long time. Ever since high school, his anxiety went through the roof. He had always been the one stay behind in the shadows, especially when he was around Jimin. He never minded it, he enjoyed not being noticed as often and it wasn't like he was invisible - people acknowledged him left and right, just mostly after he was introduced by his best friend first.

Jimin was the one with the gang of friends and the popularity to complement him. It's no surprise, Jimin is way more outspoken and charming than Jungkook and would get invited to countless events or parties, while the taller would tag along. All of Jungkook's friends were just Jimin's initially.

Anytime someone would speak to Jungkook it would be out of courtesy and he never minded it. Every date he has went on was proposed by Jimin.

This is the first time in a long time where he made plans with someone by himself. This is technically the second date Jungkook has planned for himself and he feels even more nervous than the first time.

'I should go home'

Jungkook agreed with himself as he could feel himself grow dizzy from anxiety waiting in place. He must look like a pathetic loser waiting for a date that probably won't show.

He grunted, fishing for his car keys in his pant pocket and was about to walk off when he saw an SUV pull up next to his own vehicle. He squinted his eyes and saw that the person behind the windshield was indeed his date, who was now ten minutes late and counting.

Jungkook let out a shaky breath and tucked back a fallen hair strand out his face. He couldn't believe the guy actually showed up just when he was gonna give up.

A tall blonde beauty - one about the same height as Jungkook, possibly taller by a centimeter or so - stepped out of the car, and shut the door swiftly.

A flirtatious smile made its way to the boy's lips as he approached the ravenette.

"Jeon", a low masculine voice greeted flirtatiously.

Jungkook gulped at the glamorous blonde before him and reached out a trembling hand.

"Taehyung h-hey, we meet again... or sh-should I-I call you Kim?", Jungkook stuttered awkwardly, taking in how good his date looked, almost forgotten what they looked like up close.