Chapter 31: Repeling the darkness

~Zenix's POV~

All my friends have gone into our den. I was the only one left. The Dark Val was quickly approaching. Some thing was off about it though. Even if i don't have much experience with Valstraxes, its color is not normal. It was not the silver that was normal nor the golden but i guess that would be a special case. It had dark scales with a purple tint. Now its not the time to hold back.

In a split-second i was up in the air and ready for brawl.

The Valstrax gave an almighty roar then charged for me. Not to be outdone i gave a roar before charging myself.

Then the most fiercest fight yet began.

In literally three seconds we made contact. We got higher in altitude all the while clawing at eachother. The other Valstrax was noticeably smaller than me, but was faster, somehow. Judging by the smell it was a female.

"Why are you attacking!?" i growled.

She stopped her attacks for a little while. But no response, only incoherent growling. Her eyes were glowing with a dark purple light and had a faint tint of yellow in them.

But i didn't have time to observe more because she flew full force to me.

I braced myself, putting front arms in front to stop her assault.

Just a second after, i manage to stop her charge. Although i stopped her we still got knocked back a few tail-lenghts because of her speed.

"Why are you attacking!? Do you have any reasons? " i growled again.

She stopped pushing for a few minutes, then said something unexpected with a forced voice.

"...h-h-help...m-me.. " she whispered.

After that the purple color in her eyes started fading a bit,but just as fast as it faded it came back.

I was dumbfounded. If she wanted help, then why is she attacking?

She then shook her head and roared before charging again.

I managed to dodge and then looked at her eyes again. They showed hints of sadness, fear and a very little bit of anger.

After that she flew at very high speeds then started firing dragon element at me.

Luckily for me, i am very resistant to those.

While missing several more shots her she unexpectedly charged towards me. Unfortunately i wasn't fast enough.,so i gota very deep gash on my face, from my previously damaged eye to the starting of my neck.

I roared loudly in pain.

That actually hurt. A lot. So much so that it made me fall from the sky.

I couldn't see with that eye very well. Only darkness.

I was free-falling. I felt numbness spreading from the gash. My four wings stopped pumping dragon energy. My other eye started to close while my tail swayed uncontrollably.

Then all i could see is darkness. Emptiness.

I was empty... Dark...

.

Empty...

.

Rage.

.