Chapter 58 - Over-Drunken Antics

...

While I was feeling troubled over Celesta's close contact with my body, after being silent for some time, Celesta broke the silence and spoke,

"Hey, Carene? You are... here, right? I am not dreaming, right?"

Upon hearing Celesta's somewhat trembling voice, I couldn't help but tease her a little, as I replied to her,

"Of course, I am here. Where else would be if not here, you silly girl."

"That's great. Very great..."

After mumbling to herself for a bit, Celesta again asked me,

"Then, you would stay by my side from now on, right? You... won't leave my side again, right?"

Leaving Celesta's side?

Uh... I can't say that I haven't been thinking of it, since I must find a place for myself soon. I cannot keep on troubling Celesta's family forever.

"I... that..."

As if she had detected what I was about to say, Celesta turned to stare at me right into my eyes as she asked again,

"Will you..?"

D-Damn. I won't be able to refuse if Celesta asks me like that.

But, then what should I do about the other family members? They would all surely be troubled with me staying there for any longer.

As I kept hesitating to make a decision, I saw the pitiful look on Celesta's face... as if a puppy was about to be abandoned by its owner.

"Hah... alright. I will stay here, right next to you. But, only until you want me to, okay? If you don't want me to be here then... maybe I will leave at that time."

That's the utmost compromise I could do for Celesta. I can somehow put up with troubling others with my stay and bearing their unkind looks, but if Celesta is ever troubled because of me... then I would really leave that day.

Unlike how I had thought she would respond, Celesta hugged my neck tightly with both of her arms and screamed loudly,

"Nooo! Never! Carene will always stay with Celesta. It's final!"

Hey, hey, Celesta. The alcohol seems to be talking right now rather than you yourself.

As far as I know, once you find... a lover for yourself, you would certainly ask me to leave.

Yeah, let's stay put until then. I already feel very sleepy.