Chapter 88 - Mischief

...

<POV: Jorah>

Waaah. So happy~~! Big Sisters Carene and Celesta are really the best~!

I can't remember how long it had been since I went out with my family. Neither my other sisters nor my mother ever showed any interest in fulfilling this little wish of this pitiful and lonely me...

They all said that I was too old to be pampered anymore. They said to go wherever I want by myself.

Hmph! Going out by yourself is no fun! I hate it!

And, I didn't have any close friends to come along with too...

But now, ever since Big Sister Carene arrived, every day has been so much fun! Even Big Sis Celesta has started to smile a lot more. Everyone is so happy nowadays, and I believe it all had to do with Big Sister Carene's arrival.

Even today, when three of us have come out as a family, my mood feels great all the time! It's way better than that bad murky feeling I got before. No longer do I need to feel jealous of other kids hanging out with their family.

Fufufu. I am sure that things will get even better from now onwards. As long as Big Sister Carene is around, every day is bound to be super fun!

Aaaaah. I look forward to the day when I will be able to help out in their wedding ceremony. I want Big Sister Carene to quickly become my Elder Sister-in-law too!

Hmm? What's that? This strange feeling...

Is someone staring at us..? I mean, both Big Sisters of mine are absolute beauties, so that's just bound to happen. But... why do I feel so uncomfortable this time?

Hmmmm. Ah! There... I think I know her. It's... it's the Tenant! But, why is she here?? Although she seems to be talking to some ladies around her and hence it's not very noticeable, but... I can tell. She surely has been staring at us sneakily for a while now!

Hmph! It's not like me to just keep on guessing stuff. Let's just ask her directly!

And as I predicted, those ladies around her soon went to their own ways. So they really didn't come with her. Now I've got this suspicious lady in my radar.

I tried to appear as innocent and naive as possible before I tapped her arms and asked her,

"Um, Sister Karime?? Ah! Is it really you? Why are you here alone? Are you looking for my Big Sisters?"

The Tenant looked too shocked to see me behind her, so much so that her teeth began to chatter. After a few seconds of being in a state like that, she screamed loudly as she spoke to me,

"Ahh!! J-J-Jorah?! No, I am fine. I'm not looking for anyone, I swear! I just... came out to get some fresh air, t-that's all..."

Hoho... fresh air, eh? So, you couldn't find fresh air anywhere else but here? I mean, I know that air pollution is a real menace, but it isn't that polluted around our home that she would need to come all the way here...

No, I must keep asking her about it. There is no way that I would let her off the hook so easily!

"Hmm? But, why did you come all the way here for that? There are other places nearer to our home."

The Tenant bit her lips tightly in response as she lowered her head to cook up an excuse while trying to avoid being exposed to her own facial expressions.

Hmph! See? Totally suspicious! I am sure of it now... she must be here to ruin my Big Sis' date! Such evil heart... such evil intentions... I will never let you succeed!