Chapter 84 - Happy Times

...

<POV: Carene>

As Celesta had asked me to return early, I didn't wander around anywhere and diligently moved to get home sooner. Although the traffic was heavy due to it being the early morning of a Sunday, I still did my best to keep my promise to Celesta of reaching home on time.

As I finally returned back, I checked the time to see if I had become late in my return.

Thankfully, there were still seven minutes before Celesta's designated time of return. Who knows what kind of pandemonium would have followed if I was truly late by any chance?

Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I went back into the house, walking towards the living room.

And as I had guessed, Celesta and Jorah were both sitting there, waiting for my arrival. By the way, I couldn't find the twins, Isla, or the tenant anywhere near.

As if Celesta knew what I was thinking of when she noticed me, she turned to smile at me and spoke,

"You are here, Carene. It's good that you are on time. Mom is off to work again, but she said that she would be back earlier in the evening. As for the others... they seemed to have their own things to do."

So Isla's already gone. I kind of expected that to happen, but it's kind of sad how the two of us have been missing out on each other lately...

Ahem! I-I have been looking forward to the sexy times with her too, to be honest. Let's try and see if she is free tonight, though the chances are slim as she is usually too exhausted with her work, especially after her recent promotion at work. It's partially thanks to it that Isla had been able to quit her night job so readily.

Now that the money issues had been resolved, Isla had been busy solidifying herself in her new position. The promotion must have come along with a slew of new issues to be dealt with, which has been keeping her doing overtime work voluntarily. I honestly couldn't really blame her for that though, as she wasn't the one at fault here.

It's just that... she had been the one who had me enjoy the taste of adult sex ever since I came here. And now that I have to keep on holding my urges in, it gives me a heartwrenching feeling instead.

Should I visit Isla at work sometime? No, she must be too busy with her work, so much so that she's been coming home pretty late nowadays. It won't be good to disturb her in the middle of her work, along with the fact that she won't have any time to spend with me even there. Yeah, let's just give up on that thought for now.

While I was wondering about my luck with the lady tonight, Jorah suddenly pounced upon me from behind, as she pouted heavily and asked me,

"Bis Sister CARENE~~! Where have you been? I was so bored waiting for you all alone. Big Sister Celesta was also busy preparing for our trip. Eheheh, now that you are here, let's go out already!!"

As Jorah exclaimed while giving me a tight hug, I truly felt her pure adoration for me as she continued to hug my waist close to herself. And as a result, I couldn't hold back my own smile and patted her hair slightly before turning to look at Celesta in confusion as I hadn't yet been informed of what today's objective was.

Celesta stood up from the sofa and began to collect several bags next to the couch as she spoke to me again,

"Jorah had been wanting to go to the newest zoo opened in our city for the past few months. Mother... she had been too busy to go with her and kept delaying it indefinitely. Yesterday, Mom approached me with the proposal for the two of us to visit there with Jorah, together in her stead. As I wasn't against the idea, I quickly agreed to it. You... will go with us too, right? Carene?"