Chapter Fourteen

"I'm so proud of you!"

Officer Chung had told Yoongi he needed to come down to the station to fill out some forms, and Yoongi had called Jungkook to come with him as Namjoon was at work.

"Thanks," Yoongi said shyly.

"I would've supported you no matter what you chose to do, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping that this would be the route you'd choose."

Yoongi sighed. "It took a lot. I've still got a nagging thought in the back of my mind that maybe it's not right."

"Don't listen to that, Yoongi. Listen to your heart. It deserves to heal, and I think this may be the next step - maybe even the final step - to allow it to do that."

Yoongi nodded. "Thanks, Kook."

Jungkook stopped, an unreadable expression settling his face. "Kook?"

Yoongi's cheeks flushed. "I-Is that okay?"

Jungkook smiled. "I like it."

Yoongi returned his smile. And because Yoongi's smiles were rare these days, Jungkook felt a tug at his heart that he was the reason one had appeared.

"You ready to go?"

Yoongi nodded. "As ready as I'll ever be, I guess."

When they arrived at the station, Officer Chung led them to a small office.

"Thank you for being willing to come here, Mr. Min. Is there anything I can get you? Water? Coffee?"

"No, thank you," Yoongi replied timidly. Being at the station made him nervous.

"Okay. To get started, I just need you to fill out these forms." He slid them across the table to Yoongi. "Then, I'll have a few additional forms for you to sign, and we can get right to business."

Yoongi nodded, looking over the forms. "Um, do I have to fill this part out?" he asked, gesturing to a section asking him to detail what had happened. "Don't you already have all the information for this?"

Officer Chung looked apologetic. "Yes, we need that section filled out. If you'd like, you can make it brief. I'll attach your statements from your therapist to the form. But we need you to fill that part out in order to confirm that the statements are accurate."

Yoongi took in a shaky breath. "Okay."

Jungkook watched, feeling useless, as Yoongi filled out the forms. He indeed kept the section about what had happened brief, only writing a few sentences. It took quite a while for Yoongi to finish up the forms, but Jungkook waited patiently, doing his best to be a calming presence for him.

Once he was done, Yoongi passed the form back to Officer Chung, who then had him read over the other forms and sign them. And then, after all was said and done, Officer Chung gave Yoongi some news that hit him like a ton of bricks.

"Mr. Lee will remain detained as these forms are processed. After that, however, a judge can decide to allow him to bail out as - "

"Bail out?!" Jungkook almost shouted. "Like, he would be out of jail? He would be free?"

"Unfortunately, yes," Officer Chung said. "There's nothing we can do about it. It's the way the system works."

Tears had immediately sprung to Yoongi's eyes at that news. "B-But what if he comes after me?" Yoongi asked, barely above a whisper.

"One of the extra forms you signed was an application for a protective order again Mr. Lee. We will get it secured before he has the chance to bail out. Once it's in place, we will be able to provide surveillance outside of your apartment often."