Ch 4

(So someone pointed out to me that Artorias woke up near liunaria but somehow appeared in limgrave. To answer that plot hole I ask that you ignore it for the time being. Please.....)

——————————————

——————————————

Nepheli Loux observed the corpse before her, a knight of Godrick and an enemy of her father. She pulled her axe out of the body of the fallen knight, retrieving a rag from her pouch before wiping he blood off. Godrick was by no means a man of kindness, he was a cruel degenerate who perverted the art of grafting, which use to be a healing ritual for those who were not blessed by the erdtree. She was tarnished, a warrior who would constantly be resurrected by grace and would fight till the Elden Ring was secured. She sheathed her axe before she began searching the knight's pockets in hope of finding something important, but sighed before she stood up and cracked her neck in annoyance. She slowly turned to face the doorway leading to the outside world, hearing someone approach before spotting a rather tall man adorned in silver armor and blue cloth, his hood covered his head and a constant shadow hid his facial features.

"You......aren't going to try and kill me, right?" The strange man asked, catching the warrior slightly off guard but she kept it hidden. She spotted a sword on his back, rusted and somewhat broken. The dark skinned woman watched, waiting for his next move in order to decipher what he really meant, she's met many liars. The man lifted his left hand and scratched the back of his head. "It's just that, well it would kinda suck if ya did that. I'm kinda in a hurry."

"......I mean you no harm." Nepheli broke her silence as she shook her head, the headdress following her movements. The strange knight was indeed confused and didn't appear much as a threat. It was also rare for someone to talk too her instead of trying to kill her in the Lands Between. "You must be skilled to make it this far into the castle stranger. May I know your name?"

"Hm? Oh of course." The man coughed before standing up straight, bending his head down so he could keep eye contact with her. He held out a hand towards the woman and she felt as if the man was smiling behind his hood. "Wolf Knight Artorias, lady.......?"

"Nepheli......Nepheli Loux." She grunted before grabbing his huge hand and began shaking it. A tilt of the knight's head made him appear confused, almost unsure of the greeting he received. Nepheli pulled her hand away before looking the man up and down again. "Forgive me but I'm not familiar with greetings or titles in this land......."

"Oh, that's fine!" Artorias chuckled before leaning forward, looking the woman up and down. He rubbed his neck before leaning back. "That would also explain your.......cloths."

"Ha, yes that must be a dead giveaway." Nepheli chuckled. She knew it wasn't just her cloths, but her skin tone that gave her away. She was different from the natives in these lands and she wasn't afraid to show it. She ran a hand along her fur bra before placing a hand on her hip. "Much more comfortable than wearing one of those dresses. Why would I wear something so uncomfortable if it didn't reveal my strength? I assure you sir, I'm much different than any woman you met before."