An embrace is what I need

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 24TH 2023

After school, I was waiting patiently with all the boys. This time, we were in Max's room. His house is bigger than Aaron's so it says a lot about what his parents do for money. Just then, a knock on his window. We all jumped a bit before seeing Mandy hanging onto a tree. Aaron quickly opened the window and helped her in. "Thanks." She smiled while dusting herself.

James S: "did you get it?"

Mandy: "yep."

She laid her phone on floor and let us listen to the in a way, muffled audio.

Amirissa: "I found out about Rocky's brother. He committed suicide a month ago. So we're going to ruin his life with it."

Julia: "don't you think that's a bit wrong?"

Melly: "not at all."

Sofia: "wait- how did you find out?"

Amirissa: "my mom's a nurse. She told me."

I quickly paused the recording before the boys could hear anything else. None of them but my friends knew about Lanson committing. I could feel that lump in my throat whenever I feel the need to cry. I guess Max could see it. He walked up to me and hugged me as he played the rest of the recording.

They wanted to hurt me. I looked over at Chris, who looked furious the entire time. Once the phone went silent, he came over to me. Embracing me along with Max. This was probably the closest I've ever been to Max. We didn't really cross paths. So I appreciated him doing that. I definitely appreciate Chris too.

"Amirissa is so dead.." Erin announces. All the boys nod.

Once we all left to go back home, I realized how much better I felt after the hug. Sure, it was a small act they did. Though, it seemed to affect me so much. It was as if all I needed at the time was just a hug.

I walked with Erin since his house is on the street next to mine. "I know now!" He randomly said as we were in a puddle of complete silence. I looked at him, confused. "I'm going to fight Amirissa!" He stated. My eyes widened. "Dude, no! You can't hit a girl!" I replied.
"Though a girl can hit a dude?"
"I mean-"
"Exactly, gender equality!"
"You'll get in trouble by even trying to start a fight."
"Exactly, so I'll annoy her until she has enough and punches me!"

Honestly, I'll just let him do his own thing and then regret it later.