Chapter Twelve: Fire and Brimstone

We walked, on the way to the central spire, we came across many patrols, sometimes with a hovercraft or two. We didn't stop and chat though till a group of four came with their hovercraft. "The Overseer wants to see you guys."

"Word travels fast here." I guessed as we were escorted in the vehicle. The seats were much like the salamanders although instead of brown and blue, it was a grayish purple padding. The hatch closed and we felt as the transport moved, we were seated across from each other, me and Garren on one side and two of the four on the other, the other two were probably driving the thing.

"Why does everyone want to come to Zeta?" I asked.

The two exchanged confused glances before speaking. "We don't know what you're talking about." She said.

"They should be staying out of Zeta." muttered the other guy.

I took a closer look at the man, he wore a blue insignia instead of a grayish purple one.

"You're from Gamma, we just went there." His eyes widened a bit. "Really... are they still... holding down the fort?"

I say nothing as Garren shakes his head. The guy slumps in his chair. "We moved to Zeta, that's the message right?" The guy asks.

"Somewhat, but it isn't just Gamma."

"Omnicron is here too, is that it?" I asked as i saw the other's insignia. 

"Yeah but there's more." I start.

Garren sighs as I explain.

"There's a lot of stuff going on, getting to alpha, a rogue human group, alien dragons... It'd be easier to explain this to everyone all at once."

He nods but then the one from Omincron asks a question, "Beta and Phi?"

We both nod.

Then Garren pipes up, "What's with the tunnel?"

"Don't know, we tried researching it, then the dragons attacked." The guy from Gamma said.

"Looks like you guys have your own little war over here." Garren commented.

She chuckled, "We've got to get the hell out of here, we got two weeks, max."

"You tried negotiating?" Garren asked.

"With the dragons?" The other guy spoke up.

"Doubt they would stop, this is probably more of that Sandwing's war." I explained, I continued as I saw thier confused looks. "Chips work on dragons but there's a war going on between the dragons, specifically Sandwings.

"Why not the Seawings?" Garren pipes up.

"We were lucky, Tsunami could grant us some praise, after all, she is a princess." Wonder how they're doing.

"So you're saying-" The Omnicron one started before we felt a jolt.

"We're here!" The driver called out as the door opened, the cold wind hitting like a hammer.

"We'll talk more when we get our audience."

"We're just soldiers, we need an Overseer to be granted access-"

"I am, come on." I granted them access.

The spire must have been hundreds of feet high, probably a ship that got deployed and transformed into the outpost, so why not leave?