Chapter Twenty-Eight: Peaceful Negotiations

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

"GARREN! SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Dust finally roared at Garren as the rest of us already covered our ears, back when we landed. 

Garren finally closed his mouth but was still hanging on to Dust's scales so hard that his entire arms looked white.

We heard a click and all looked as Andy stopped the clock on her wrist device. "Wow, you just screamed for four minutes straight, Garren. I don't know if I'm impressed or disturbed." Andy smirked as Garren was still panting hard.

Dust let out a heavy sigh before nuzzling me. "I swear, these people..." she trailed off as she rolled her eyes. "Alright, that's enough, all of you off, I'm done carrying you guys on my neck, you guys itch, sorry." She shrugged as she lowered her wings for us to slide off. 

I was the last but as soon as I made it half wayoff, Dust gently bit the back of my collar and lifted me up back to her neck. "No, you can stay." She purred.

"Hey, what the hell?" Garren asked us but Dust just shrugged. "Sorry, but so many of was making my neck itchy, and he get's special treatment because... well you know why." 

They all grumbled a bit while some of them shot me and Dust glare but Johan actually looked relieved he wasn't on the dragon anymore. "When I get back, remind to move to a planet without any reptiles." He muttered.

"Don't be such a drama king. " Dust grumbled.

"How are we suppose to keep up?" Andy asked.

Dust chuckled, "Don't worry guys, I'll still carry you." Dust assured them as she scooped them up with one of her talons. 

We continued our walk through the sand before finding the entrance to the secret entrance. Two cactus on one side, three on the other, and a rock formation in the shape of a split arch next to it. Dust used her tail barb to lightly poke through the sand, tapping before finally a small tap could be heard. She smirked before knocking a series of taps in a rhythm. Knock knock... Knock.

The trapdoor slid open as a Sandwing a little shorter than Dust opened the door. 

"Get in." They ordered, we quickly obliged as Dust carried us in while the other Sandwing locked the trapdoor.

"So this is the secret passage?" Andy asked.

Johan just shrugged as he looked at the torches lining the dark cave. 

Dust sighed, "Let's get this over with." She said we made our way through the tunnel, surprisingly, there were only like three other Sandwing's in this cave before we finally got to the entrance to the stronghold.

"They've certainly done some remodeling." Johan remarked as he saw the insides of the building, it was filled with several Sandwing's all bustling around the place as we moved to where the hanger use to be, now replaced with several what looked to be round yarn dragon-beds along with a few of their belongings, a few railings here and there and some pipes leading to a small pool in the center where some dragons were drinking.

"A barracks..." I muttered.

"How many?" Garren whispers.

"There were eight last time I was here, but they're spread out., we'll find everything out when we get back, the building scans should give us everything we need." Dust whispers back as we continue to move, a few of the dragons giving us confused looks as they eyed me and the other humans. We saw some halls that seemed to be ramps as they led to higher floors of the turrets of the stronghold, many wrapping all the way around the building.