Chapter Thirty-Six: Leaving Pyrrhia

It was quiet yet loud simultaneously in hangar bay, as the titan in the center continued to harvest, transmitting the gold through the long golden silk-like strands leading towards the shell of The Hoard. The alarms continued to blare like a dying animal screaming for help, but no one made a noise as they all waited in the shadows of the sunset.

"How long do we have to hold?" Allison asked over comms as she kept her eyes moving, left right up down, left right up down... glancing at the reapers docked on the hangers on the ceiling and the few soldiers beside her.

"Less than an hour, one more hour then we leave." Zach responded from the air, overlooking the titan along with a squad of jets.

"And how long have these alarms been going for?" Allison asked, trying to hide the fear in her voice, even though there would be no shame, everyone here had the same feeling.

"An hour and forty-two minutes, and so far nothing has happened yet. Skies are clear and our turrets are picking up no enemies on the radar... yet." Zach said he eyed a bright flashing light in the distance.

"Possible Seawings, Andy, they're by your titan."

"Checking it out now." Andy reported as a few jets could be seen hovering over the water as some salamanders got close to the water. Allison watched from a distance, still glancing at the other directions, but her and several of the soldier's attentions were drawn to the salamander scouts as they leaped from the docking bay, diving into the water. It was silent for a few minutes as they all watched.

"Alright, our scouts haven't seen anything so far but-"

The titan suddenly let out a metallic screech as a large ball of fire engulfed the gargantuan construct, before the sound of a metallic groan could be heard as the titan fell to its side and the strand of gold froze in the air, scraping against The Hoard as it fell before finally crashing towards the ground.

"Look alive! We've got hostiles incoming!" Allison yelled as she noticed several red dots showing up on her radar.

"We got several wings! Mow them down!" Zach yelled through comms as he and several other jets approached the Seawing's approaching, they started firing down onto the Seawings but as the Seawings dropped, so did the round yet sharp objects in their hands. "Dragonflame cactus! They're bombs! Don't let them get to the titan!"

Several pulses could be heard as the soldiers shot the Seawings and their bombs, trying to prevent both from getting to the titan's frame. The turrets rapidly fired from the titan and the base itself as some dragons made a beeline and tried getting into the palace, only to be turned into red mush instead as they got too close to the turrets, despite their overwhelmingly numbers.

The soldiers backed up as several thuds could be heard, but they couldn't see where, they could only see a few giant shadows flying across them and hear the sound of shattering glass as the lights were destroyed. "The door! They're closing the door!" Zach yelled over comms as some of the soldiers tried to get to the door but failed as the dragons then tore the door closed, shrouding the room in darkness.

"Eyes open, keep the nerve transfers secured, otherwise you stay dead!" Allison warned.

"Dammit! Where are they?" One of the others asked frantically as the light of their weapon spun around the place, searching for the dragons appearing on the radar, showing they were inside but were nowhere to be seen. 

"They aren't showing up on our visors!" One soldier yelled out.

Suddenly they heard a yell followed by a large chomping sound as bloody leg fell on to the floor. They looked up and saw no trace of the body, but as soon as they saw the brought up their lights... the Nightwing's let out a roar before charging on the unlucky human pair and tearing them apart.