The Police Will Handle It |3|

Warning(s): Swearing, if it looks like "Italic" the character is signing, injured R, & spidey level violence 

-----------

Ringing.

That's all you could hear as the pain in your ears never gave out. But that was all you could hear. Even your own whimpering fell deaf to you. There was only one thought on your mind; you needed Tara. She could make everything better. You don't care if Sam's at the apartment or not. You don't care if she arrested you on the spot. You just need Tara.

You swung through the pain, building to the building, until you saw Tara's. You exhaled in relief when you spotted her lit up room through the window. Quickly, you swung to her firescape—nearly crashing against the window as you did so. Your tumbling let out a loud sound, getting Tara's attention.

She rushed to her window, pushing it up, before she saw the state you were in. You were completely drained and it was clear. You were using the bit of the energy you had left to hold yourself up. Your suit was torn up, and your wounds were still fresh and visible. Tara's eyes widened at the sight, but she quickly snapped out of it to bring you inside.

"Jesus, Y/N..."

You couldn't even respond. You tried to, but you ended up groaning instead. "What the fuck happened?" Tara asked. It all sounded the same to you; muffled. Everything sounded muted.

She sat you down on her bed. You sucked in a breath, still extremely sore from your fight. She looked at you, trying to meet your eye line. That's when she noticed you wouldn't look at her. Tara raised her right hand to touch your face, she did it as gently as she could, but she made contact with your ear. You then flinch as you let out a hiss.

Tara immediately pulled her hand away. "I'm sorry..." She leaned in closer to look at your ear, she saw the angry bruising. The realization hit when she checked your other ear and she saw that it was just as bad, if not, worse.

"You can't hear me?" Tara signed with furrowed eyebrows.

"No," you signed back; you immediately averted your stare again.

With that answer, plenty of questions started racing through Tara's mind. What did Dr. Connors do to you? When is your healing going to kick in? Will that even work for something this drastic? Are you scared?–

"You're thinking loud," you croaked; you finally got the courage to use the voice you suddenly lacked confidence in.

"Sorry," Tara responded with an apologetic look.

"Just... be with me please?" You looked at her, eyes vulnerable. She looked at you, blinking, as a small reassuring smile grazed her face. She moved up the bed to lean against the pillow with you. On instinct, your head moved to rest on her shoulder. She cautiously snuck her hand up, once she was sure she wasn't causing you any pain, she began to lightly scratch the back of your neck.

You snuggled closer to her, putting an arm over her waist. It wasn't until a couple minutes later when everything came crashing down, when everything became so real. You just started crying. It started off slow, with a few tears escaping as you managed to hold some back, until you physically couldn't hold back anymore. You must've started making noises, or maybe Tara noticed her shirt start to dampen, because she looked down at you.

At first, she wasn't sure what to do. It was so sudden. It was also the first she was seeing you cry. In the end, she didn't say anything, she just held you closer and placed a kiss on your temple as she continued to hold you in her arms. You couldn't have asked for anything better.