🕰️ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 3🕰️

Hiya! Before this chapter begins, I'd just like to say: stop calling Luke a bitch. Yes, I understand he is being mean, however it's really upsetting to anyone who may be experiencing such a depression.

Some of Luke's depression in this book, is based on an earlier stage of my depression where I was, admittedly an absolute bitch (the only difference was I wasn't physically attacking people.) And after talking about it with a friend, this also upset them, and in my opinion it just kind of feels like a lack of acceptance for depression, ofc, this is not justifying Luke's actions, but making him out to be a bad guy ISNT the way to go about it.

Anyways! Back to ur regularly scheduled programming>3<!!

~~~~~~~~~

Luke groaned as he heard his alarm go off... since when did he have an alarm-? He rolled his eyes as he sat up, then froze, confusion taking over his mind.

He was in his bedroom from his teen years.

..And it was fully decorated despite him taking everything with him to his new flat.

He heard his phone ring, he looked over, and it was his old phone-!? What the hell!

He answered the call, without looking at the ID.

He scoffed as he spoke.

"What do you want?" He said harshly.

But the voice that responded, made his blood go cold, as his eyes widened.

"..Luke-? You feeling okay..?"

He stayed silent as he removed the phone from his ear and hurriedly checked the contact name.

...

'My pretty boy<3'

"...Zander..?"

"..Are you feeling alright..? You're acting really strange..."

"Nono-! I'm alright..-" He had tears in his eyes, his lip trembling.

"..If you insist... I just Uhm- called to let you know that I'm on my way over to your house the now."

"..." Luke swallowed as he responded. "..Why..?"

"..Luke! Did you sleep in again!? I swear to god if we're late to school AGAIN because of you-!"

"..Right right..! Sorry! I'll quickly get changed the now..! ..I love you so much.." Luke said, confused, trying to act like his old self.

"..Are you sure you're alright..?"

"Yeahhh, just tired..!"

He heard a sigh from the other line.

"Alright, I'll stop by the shop to get you an energy drink and a breakfast bar, I'll be there soon." And Zander hung up.

Luke hurried to check the date on his phone, his body freezing up as he did so, he was covered in cold sweat, his hands trembling.

Exactly one week before Zanders suicide. His breath felt heavy. How had this happened..!?

But then, he came to a realisation.

...could he prevent it from happening..!?

Hurriedly, he got out of bed, looking in the mirror.

..his body..

..his body was healthy.. after Zanders death he'd barely eat and never went to the gym anymore.. But he was muscular again- he had control over his body.. He put a hand on his cheek, staring at himself with wide eyes. He looked handsome, he didn't have eyebags, his cheeks were sunken, his eyes weren't red, his hair wasn't dried out.

He was himself again.. And Zander was coming over-!

Luke rushed to quickly get ready, wanting to look his best to see his love again.

He brushed his hair into a side part, he sprayed a cologne he knew Zander loved, he brushed his teeth as he threw on a Tshirt, his usual red hoodie, and a red scarf Zander had made him.

He was never one for skincare, but Zander always left his stuff at his home. So he also put some moisturiser on his face. He didn't know why he was trying to make a good impression, in Zanders eyes, this is just any other day, like no time had passed since he last saw Luke.

Luke heard the doorbell, and he quickly sped walked over, feeling doubt in his mind. Was he going crazy? Was it actually Zander? But his doubts went away as he opened the door.

A man, just a little shorter than himself stood there. Curly mauve hair, a boney figure and a pale complexion. His periwinkle eyes glistening under the light, with a small smile on his face.

"Good morning." He spoke.

Luke didn't even stand in shock, he just rather harshly grabbed Zander as he pulled him into a tight hug. Burying his head into his shoulder, resisting the urge to cry as he could smell the familiar yet foreign scent of lavender.

He felt a hand on his back as he heard a small giggle, a giggle that made his heart melt.

"You're really tired, aren't you? Welll... I bought you your favourites. So hopefully that'll waken you up!

Luke just nodded.

"..What classes do I have today..?"

"You forgot again!? Let me check.." he rolled his eyes as he stepped back from the hug and dug through his jacket and pulled out a folded piece of paper. Luke quickly recognised as his schedule.

Zander read over it. "First two periods you have.. PE first..? That sucks, but I have a free period anyways so I can come watch you, next you have English-..Yeesh you're really not having a good day.. So, PE, English, break, and then after that it's chemistry and physics, then lunch, then for the final stretch itssss, music, business and biology! Got it?"

"..I think but don't be surprised if I come to you during the day to repeat it." Zander just giggled. "I wouldn't expect anything less."

"Let's get going then?"

"..yeah..-"