34: No, Im Sorry.

I feel myself waking up but I don't have the strength to open my eyes just yet.

Beep Beep

Ughhh. I hate waking up, I just want to sleep forever.

Beep Beep

I finally open my eyes and find myself in bed laying naked next to Tony, I just smile and kiss his nose.

Beep Beep

What the hell is that noise? I look around the room until my eyes land on my phone on the night stand, I reach for it and I feel arms wrap around my torso.

"Good morning beautiful." Tony whispers in my ear, sleep still thick on his voice. I grab my phone and look at the screen, the hospital is calling me.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Granger?"

"Yes?" My voice is shaky and I don't feel like correcting her saying my last name is now Perry.

"Is-Is everything okay?" I start to freak out, what happened? She starts talking but what she says isn't what I want to hear.

"Oh my God! I'm on my way!" I rush to the bathroom and as I get dressed I hear Tony asking me questions.

"Who was that? Is everything okay? What happened?" I could hear the worry in his voice. It feels like I'm flying around the bedroom grabbing clothes and slipping them on, I don't answer him. Tony finally stands up and stops me.

"Alice! What happened?" I catch my breath and prepare to tell him.

"I-I have to go to the hospital..." I pause and take another breath.

"That was a doctor, Austins in the hospital... There something wrong with his heart." His face falls and he runs and gets dressed.

"I'll drive you."

"No, Tony I'm okay I can go by myself."

"You are NOT in the condition to drive, I'm coming with you." He threw on his clothes and grabbed his keys, we ran downstairs and into the car.

I run into the hospital and up to the front desk.

"I'm here to see Austin Carlile."

"He just got out of surgery, only family members are allowed back. Who are you?"

"She's his sister." Tony pipes up and the lady nodds.

"Mr. Carlile is in room 568" I thank the lady and rush off again. I look at the door and push, opening the door. My breath gets caught in my throat and I gasp. He lays in the bed unconscious, all you hear is the beep of the machines keeping him alive. I couldn't help but run to his bedside and hug him.

"I'm so sorry. I'm not mad anymore Austin. Please get better."

"A-Alice? Is that you?" His eyes flutter open and he looks at me. He takes of the oxygen mask and tries to sit up.

"No no no. Lay down." He lays back down and I brush some hair out of his face.

"What are you doing here? I thought you never wanted to see me again?" He looked sad and I saw tears form in his eyes.

"You know I can never stay mad at you. It just hurt to have you promise something then within a couple of days you broke it and left. I missed you and I think I was mostly mad at myself for not fighting hard enough, there was something I could have done to get you to stay."

"This isn't your fault don't blame yourself. I'm sorry I hurt you I really didn't mean to, I love you, you're my sister." I hugged him and sobbed into his shoulder. I heard the door open and a nurse walked in.

"I'm sorry but Austin needs to take his medicine and visiting hours are over." She gave me a sad smile and I nodded.

"I'll see you later?" He asked.

"Of course." I smiled and kissed his forehead, I grabbed Tonys hand, walked out of the hospital and got into the car.

"I hated seeing him like that. The last time I saw him in the hospital was when he had his first surgery." Tony grabbed my hand and leaned over giving me a kiss.

"He'll be okay, I promise." He whispers.

"I hope you're right." We pull out of the parking space and started driving back to the house.

He'll get better.

Was what I kept repeating to myself. I hope if I say it enough it will come true.