LIII

The next morning I wake up with a strange feeling in the air. Something was off. But in a good way. It takes me a moment to wake up but then I realize that it's Loki's birthday. He's 1,058 today. I bolt awake and immediately run down to the kitchens. They're a bit surprised at my casual attire but I quickly say, "It's the King's birthday today! I need a chocolate cake for him. Please." The cooks nod and I quickly go back upstairs to prepare Loki's gift.

I finish wrapping a pair of new daggers for him, with perfect silver blades and a gold hilt with ruby and emerald gems encrusted upon it. Eirik comes running out of his bedroom with a handmade card, mostly made of crayon scribbles and some glued on pom poms. "Ready to surprise Daddy?" I whisper excitedly. He nods and runs into our quarters where Loki's still sleeping.

"Daddy! Daddy wake up!" He yells, bouncing on the bed. Loki's hair is brushed out of his eyes before he sees Eirik waving the card around. "I drawed this for you!" He smiles, showing Loki a few crayon scribbles. "Oh! Is that me?" Loki smiles, both of us knowing full well we have no idea what the kid has drawn. "Yeah! And right here is Momma, and there's Mora!" He giggles, and I have to hold back a chuckle at the mispronunciation of his little sisters name.

Eirik scoots off of the bed and I sit beside him. "And here is Mommy's present," I smirk, handing him the wrapped daggers. He opens them and suddenly, he's a child on Yule's day. "How did...when did-"

"Don't worry about it, love. Happy birthday." I smile as I kiss him on the forehead. Loki chuckles and places Eirik's card on top of his dresser. I give Amora a quick feeding then hand her off to the nurse. Loki is a bit confused when we go down for the morning court proceedings and there's nobody there. "Darling, don't tell me you've canceled--"

"Yes, I have. That's the last thing you need to worry about on your birthday."

"You're too good to me, love. What say you we go on a ride?"

"Where to?"

"Our spot," he chuckles. Our spot. The falls that reminded me of Alfheim. The falls where I was once kidnapped by my father's men. The falls where so much has happened, yet still means the world to me. "Our spot it is, then," I smile, walking out to the stables. A groom saddles up Warsong and Spade for us, and we promptly depart.

A bit later, we arrive at the falls. "Nothing's changed, really. A bit more flowers and growth." He smiles proudly, looking at the foliage. "It looks good. How nature should be," I sigh quietly, squeezing Loki's hand. "How nature should be," he echoes equally quietly.

We spend a quiet lunch at the falls before a raven arrives with a scroll. The cooks are done with his cake and I'm eager for him to see it. "What was that message, little flower?" He asks. "Don't worry about it. You'll see when we get back to the palace," I smile.

"It better not be a family visit."

"Bold of you to say that they're my family. Unless we're talking about the Avengers here."

He chuckles and we ride back swiftly, arriving back at the palace in a little under an hour. I drag Loki to the dining hall where the cooks are bringing out his cake. A triple tier chocolate fudge cake with green buttercream icing and gold edible roses. His eyes light up and he kisses me in front of the entire hall. "Norns, I love you," he whispers.

We sit down, Loki slicing the cake. He gives a small baby sized slice to Eirik, a medium slice for himself and a big slice for me. "Love, you should have the big slice. It's your birthday." I frown. "My love, I'm not all that hungry. Besides, you're the one who just gave birth the other day. I'm sure you're hungry more than normal." I turn pink as he's right. I have been a bit more hungry as of late.

There's a grand feast that night, and Loki makes a rather heartwarming speech. "I'd like to give a shout-out to all my fellow nominees, who will forever be known as the guys who lost to fucking Adam Sandler." boom you've been loki'd.

That night, I strap a paper birthday hat on Loki as he changes to go to bed. "Darling, why?" He asks with a small but funny frown on his face. "Until midnight, I want you to keep that on." I smirk mischievously. "Very well. But only for you, sweet flower." He kisses my neck and shoulder and settles into bed with me. "Just because I have to keep this stupid thing on doesn't mean I'm not going to be comfortable."

"Completely understandable. I too would want nothing other than comfort."

He nuzzles against me and tucks himself beneath the blankets. "Goodnight, my sweet flower." He whispers. "Goodnight, love. And Loki?"

"Hm?"

"Happy birthday."

A/n: yes you guys got a special birthday chapter. worship me for this, i have blessed you peasants with loki.