3 | night time rule-breaking

last ep tomorrow omfg i'm so scared how it's gonna end ALSO thanks to much for over 500 (edit: 600????) reads already jesus 😭

———

Kyung Jun and Y/n were back at the convenience store when the alarm suddenly blared, followed by four notification beeps. Y/n quickly snatched her phone from the table, letting her lollipop stick dangle from her mouth.

"Kim Dong Hyun was a Citizen."

Y/n and Kyung Jun shared a look. "Wasn't he one of the people who . . .?" She didn't need to finish. He nodded. What the hell happened?

It was starting to get dark and the hiking group hadn't returned. Everyone was gathered in the lobby; Y/n stood with Yoon Seo and Jung Won to the side, watching the door. Her arms were crossed and she tapped her biceps with her finger.

"Hey, they're back," Mi Na suddenly said and everyone rushed to the door. The hiking group looked defeated — Y/n's stomach dropped.

"What happened to Dong Hyun?" Eun Chan asked. No one answered him.

"Hey," Mi Na said. "Say something. What happened to Dong Hyun? What's going on?"

"He thought . . ." So Mi started. "the line stopped there. So he was checking. Then he slipped." So Mi started sobbing and Y/n furrowed her eyebrows at her.

"Then how far into the village were you able to go?" Kyung Jun asked. No one answered again. "You said you would meet people and call the police. Did you do it?"

Y/n flinched at the yell — it took her out of her stare at So Mi's performance. Knowing the girl, Y/n wouldn't be surprised if she had something to with Dong Hyun's . . . death. Death.

"We couldn't go," Jun Hee said. "The entire place is enclosed with the line."

Kyung Jun scoffed and threw his water bottle at the ground in anger. Y/n watched him as he paced away.

"We're completely locked in here," Jun Hee added.

"Then does it mean . . . we can't leave until the game is over?" Yoon Seo asked.

"Right."

Y/n placed her hands over her face. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. It's gonna be okay. You can make it out alive. Don't cry.

The crowd had dispersed after that and Y/n found herself sitting in the convenience store with the boys again — this time, along with Da Bum.

Y/n sat on a chair with her knees pulled to her chest; Kyung Jun had given her his jacket to cover her bare legs. She hugged her legs as close as she could and rested her forehead on her knees.

I'm stuck in a death game. I have to find the Mafia and vote them to be . . . executed. One of my classmates will be executed because of me. Because everyone decided to vote against them. How did we get here?

"You love this sesame-seed-flavored ramyeon," Jin Ha said as he places a cup of noodles in front of Da Bum.

"Yes, thank you," Da Bum said.

"The ramyeon preference is the only thing we have in common," Seung Bin said.

"Darn you. Do you have a death wish? Don't shove that perverted music on me."

Y/n ignored them. She knew Da Bum being here could only mean trouble, but she couldn't bring herself to stop them. What if he was Mafia? What if he was already planning on how to execute them?

"Okay, chill. I won't do that."

"Nerd. You're the game expert," Kyung Jun spoke. "Is this an existing game?"