Shut Up, Erin

"Heeeeey, Little Junior," Erin slung an arm around your shoulder. "Ye' excited for yer' first trainin'?"

You elbowed her side. "Shut up."

Guro laughed. "C'mon, girls. Let's get to work."

--------------------

"You're with us, kiddo!" Zecira grinned, patting you on the back. "Show us that amazing skill Emma was telling us about."

You scoffed, clapping your hands together as you slipped in goal. "I'll do my best."

Without warning, Sam Kerr took a powerful shot intended to land in the top left corner of the net. You stretched instinctively to block it, smiling softly when everyone's jaws dropped. "Ye' all good?"

"Damn!" Millie exclaimed, clapping Sam on the shoulder. "Sammy, looks like you've met your match!"

The Aussie's forehead vein popped. "Millie, shut your trap. Goliath, you and me, let's go."

You smirked. "Bring it."

---------------------

Sam Kerr was royally pissed. She'd taken a total of thirty penalty kicks  against you, but had only managed to bag five. It was almost as if you were reading her mind, correctly predicting where she would shoot the ball before even she knew where she'd kick it. It was both awe-inspiring and infuriating at the exact same time.

"Jeff, you try!" Sam complained, chucking the ball toward the Canadian. "You're good at PK's, fuckin' do somethin'!"

The Midfielder shrugged. "Okay."

As she stepped up to take the shot, you did a quick analysis of her stance, positioning, and gaze. Her body faced the left side of the goal, but her left foot was in a good position to aim for the right side of the net. Her gaze did in fact match up with her stance, but you'd seen her eyes briefly flick to the right. So that's where you dove. One thing you'd learned during PK's was to always trust your gut. You couldn't recall a time where your instict had failed you.

Emma clapped as the ball bounced harmlessly off your neon green gloves, a wide smile on her face. "That's what we like to see! Good work, Y/N!"

Kadeisha was just as stunned as everyone else. "What the—"

"There's no way!" Niamh protested loudly. "Why the hell don't you have offers from every club on the planet? That's— what?"

Your manager chuckled. "That's enough, girls! Get back to work!"

Sam's eyes narrowed. "I'm watching you, Goliath."

--------------------

"Y/N, just let a goal in, please!" Erin pleaded, hands resting on her knees as you passed the ball around with your hands. "I'm beggin'!"

"No can do," you stated, rolling the ball to Jess. "Just stop kickin' it right at me."

Before your fellow Scot could retort, Emma blew the whistle, signaling the end of practice. "Good work, girls! I'll see you all tomorrow!"

You gave Erin a smug two-fingered salute. "Ye' torment me enough, see ya!"

-----------------------

"Hi mum," you greeted, slipping into the passenger's seat. "How are ye'?"

"Good, how was trainin'?" her eyes seemed brighter than usual. "Tell me all about it."

You shrugged innocently. "Bullied Ez, pissed off Sam, surprised everyone. You know, the usual."

The Midfielder squeezed your knee, never taking her eyes off the road. "That's my girl."

The two of you sat in a comfortable silence for the rest of the drive home, but just as your mom finished parking the car in the driveway, you said, "Hey, mum?"

"Yeah?" she glanced behind her. "What is it, sweetheart?"

"Yer' so very proud of me and yer' like... really happy, right?"

She raised her eyebrows. "Yes? Why?"

You smiled sheepishly. "I really need ye' to hold onto that feeling."

The captain's eyes narrowed. "What did ye' do now?"

You chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of your neck with your free hand. "I— um... I forgot to do my homework."

"Y/N!" your mom scolded. "I literally asked ye' if ye' completed everything this mornin'!"

You averted your gaze. "I—uh... I also failed my exam—"

"Are you kiddin' me!?"

-------------------
Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!