{III} - It's been a while

I really couldn't believe that i was fighting for jenny. It seems like such a dumb thing but here I was against my opponent. He was really morbidly obese and I felt nervous. I wasn't nervous because I was facing an opponent that was way bigger than I was but because of the huge crowd.

"You've made a huge mistake stepping into this building little girl.. You'll regret it, but that's before I kill you.." He begins stomping towards me yelling like a maniac but I just held out my arms.

"Such a dumb move kid!" He then jumped as high as he could but right before he could land on top of me he froze. Not the kind of freezing  in your sudden movements but he was literally frozen. He stayed frozen in the air for a second or two and his frozen body was just about to crush me.

Until he exploded.

I felt a bit bad. Not because I killed the guy but because I was already a skilled nen user. Since i'm a transmuter i was able to freeze the guy to death, but because he was really heavy I needed to freeze him even more to make him explode. I wasn't going to be the one that died. But unfortunately there was blood splattered everywhere. I was covered in blood and i've never felt more nasty.

I headed to my new room with 200 million in my hands already. I never thought that I would earn this much jenny in such a short amount of time. I decided that I should just find a hotel instead. I wasn't interested in the 200th floor, all i needed was some quick cash.

knock knock

Hearing knocks from the door scared me a bit. I am still pretty  jumpy after what had happened. I opened my door to see Gon and Killua!

"Y/n it really is you! We heard what happened but we didn't know that you would be here in Yorknew already" Gon was so thrilled to see me, I almost felt like crying after hearing his voice again.

"How did that even happen?" I looked over to see Killua already asking questions. I knew he wasn't going to stop bugging me so I basically had to answer him.

"I did it with my nen. Since i'm a transmuter I was able to freeze him. But if you're asking about how he exploded it was because of how cold he was. For example, if you freeze a soda for a while it would explode. That's because of the liquid" Gon and Killua were a bit speechless to my explaining, but they soon got it.

"That is pretty impressive and smart" That would probably be my first and last compliment given to me from Killua.

"Well, what are you guys doing here?" I was so excited to hear their answers. I was already thinking of the places we could go and hang out to catch up!

"We just decided to pay you a visit and see how you're doing. After hearing about your match we rushed to find your room" Gon's voice always seemed to cheer me up. He had such an amazing aura that was filled with lots of enthusiasm and optimism.

"We had to knock on every single door.." Killua said embarrassingly.

"Welll, are you guys busy at the moment?"

"Unfortunately we are. Me and Killua are practicing nen so that I can defeat Hisoka!"

"Well good luck to that you guys..hopefully we can hang out sooner or later" Killua and Gon nodded at the same time, as they turned their backs to me I remembered the last time I saw them. Their backs were facing me, they were walking away and I watched them until they were out of sight. Just thinking about it made my heart drop down to my stomach.

"Wait!..." The pair turned their backs to face me questioning what I was going to say.

"Thanks for stopping by to see me. It means a lot.." I was holding back a big blob of tears. I know that it's only been a few weeks since i've last saw them but all four of my friends have impacted me in such a way. Departing from them made me so upset, and I don't want them to leave me. I only got smiles from both of them and they waved at me. I know this wasn't a goodbye but a see you later.

I really have to start controlling my feelings. I can't keep on being upset because of our separate paths. I need to start focusing on training immediately.