𝟎𝟓. 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬

"You kids don't think you're the only ones after the Royal Merchant now, do you? And yeah, I know about that too

"You kids don't think you're the only ones after the Royal Merchant now, do you? And yeah, I know about that too." Sheriff Peterkin says as she's interrogating JJ.

My dad and I went over to the police station to pick up JJ. "You his guardian?" The woman behind the counter asks.

"JJ." I say as he walks up to us and I hug him. "Hey, lil sis." "Sorry to say, I'm his father." Our dad answers. "Well, hearing will be in two weeks. If you fail to show up, you will forfeit your bail. The restitution will be based on the average of three outside estimates of the-"

"Restitution?" Dad cuts her. "Pay for what he broke. It's part of the plea." She responds and I look at JJ. "Sign right here please." She says giving my dad the file. "You are?" She raises her eyebrows at me. "Sister." I answer. "Let's go. Go now!" Dad yells at us.

"I wonder what restitution's gonna be on a 2019 Malibu." Dad says. "I'll pay it off. All of it. I swear, Dad." JJ responds. "Shit! 30k?" He scoffs.

"When you gonna clear that, big guy. When all you guys do is smoke weed and hang out on the south side?" All I could think about is, who's fault that could be huh. "Get in the car."

We look at each other, "It's gonna be fine." I assure him, even though I wasn't sure myself. He just gives me a simple nod as we get into the car.

"Dad, I swear-" JJ tries to say but Luke punches him in the face. Hard. "Dad, no!" I yell as I try to pull him away, but he punches me back, making my nose bleed.

"Thirty. Thousand. Dollars!" He screams as he pushes JJ against the door over and over again. "Do you know what you did to me? Damn!" "Dad, stop it. Please." I cry out.

The fact that seeing JJ get punched, hurt me way more then getting punched myself is killing me.

When we arrived home. Dad pulled out his alcohol again and put the music on full volume. I followed JJ into his room, to give him some sort of comfort.

"I'm gonna tell you right now, you are worthless piece of shit!" Luke yells from the living room. "Shut up!" JJ screams hitting the bedroom door. "Your mama knew! You tell me where you gonna get 30 grand now!"

JJ starts throwing shut across the room. "Hey, hey!" I try to turn him to me, but as I do that he pushes me back, making me fall onto the ground. I should've known better then getting between him and his anger.

"Shit, Chloe. I'm so- so sorry.." He says pulling me up, whilst our dad still keeps yelling. "It's alright. Don't worry." I could see the torture in his eyes right now.

"Hey, come here." I say pulling JJ in for a hug. He hugs me back as he starts crying. I hated these kind of days so bad.

"Jay? What are you doing?" I quietly ask him as we walk into the leaving room, where our dad was sleeping on the couch.