The Heart of a Fire Soldier

3rd Person POV

Standing outside of Company Eight's cathedral, a young man with short blonde hair was seen carrying a massive green sack over his shoulder with what appeared to be a sword sticking out of it. Standing alone in the street, the man's hair blew in the wind... Standing alone... Like a knight in the wind.

Young Man: So this is meant to be my castle... Heh...

The man's face was finally revealed, a relatively tall young man with short blonde hair and cool blue eyes... The man stood ready, preparing himself to enter the castle, finally revealing who this man was... This man's name...

 This man's name

Was Arthur...

Inside the cathedral, Shinra was talking to Obi, a very oddly deadpan look plastered all over the young devil's face as he was faced with something he didn't expect to partake in...

Shinra: So what are the Rookie Fire Soldier Games?

Obi: (While lifting weights) It's a competition where all the Fire Force rookies that joined this year get to show off their abilities, and it's comin' up pretty soon. You're gonna represent Company Eight alongside our other new recruit, who we're expecting later today.

Shinra: Hang on... There's a new recruit coming?

Obi: (Now balancing a weight on his nose) Indeed there is.

Shinra: Hey, uh Captain... Will there be any Fire Soldiers there aside from us rookies at this contest?

Obi: (Keeps working out) Well, yeah! Some of us'll come and cheer you all on.

After hearing that, Shinra seemed to feel slightly more reassured and comfortable about going to the Rookie Fire Soldier Games in spite of his status as a devil... Leaving Obi's office, Shinra wandered the halls of Company Eight, flashes of the night when his mother and brother were taken by the flames replayed in his mind... And one fact stood out to him most... The fire soldier who reported to the scene... A man who belonged to Special Fire Force Company One...

Looking up and out the window, Shinra thought to himself... Maybe, just maybe. Finally... After all these years of searching, he could finally get some answers about what happened to his mother and brother on that fateful night...

Shinra: There could be someone from another company who knows about that fire...

The mere thought of finally getting some answers about that night caused Shinra to grin wildly... Or at least, that's how it was for him... On the outside, it just looked like he was grinning for no reason... Especially to Arthur, who walked in, looking disgusted that Shinra was even standing in front of him.

Arthur: Oh, a devil.

Shinra: Hoped I'd never see you again, ya damn knight. What're you doing here?