Ch. 13 New Neighbors.

*Four months later*

Life to Lilly was now casual. She got used to everything. Waking up early and going to sleep late, hard work all the time, no fun, and being teased from time to time.
It had been one day, when Lilly was coming hone from buying grocery for the school's supplies with Justin by her side, that she saw movers working at the house next to their school.
They had been moving furniture in the house, expensive looking ones, and she also noticed a Buddah statue next to the other furniture causing her yo forget what Justin was blabbering about.
"Hey, did you hear what I said?" She finally noticed Justin when he started flicking his fingers in front of her face.
"Oh, uhm.. Sorry." She replied sheepishly. "I was just looking at the apparently new neighbor statue. It's a buddah statue." She said dreamily, as if having memories of the past.
Confused, Justin asked, "bu-what? Now you're talking nonsence." AN awkward laughter coated his embarasment of lack of knowledge.
"It's buddah. He was very important n our culture. I never believed in what they used to say about it, even spaced it out. It makes no sense." She said, humor lost in her latest sentence.
Before Justin could utter a word, Lilly had already started walking over he new neighbor's house. As soon as she saw one of the movers, she called, "excuse me sir." She hoped he answer her, which luckily he did.
"Yes, little girl?" He asked in his soothing husky voice. He had dark skin, dark brown eyes and almost black hair. He looked Indian.
"Uhm, who is moving here?", asked Lilly with polite dripping in her voice.
The man with the kind smile replied, "here lives Mr. Hanglinton, or will be tomorrow. Are you his neighbor, or soon to be neighbor?"
"Yes," replied Lilly to the question, "I work here at the Private School of Ms. Mckingsley for Ladies. Long name. I know." She said her words warming up to the man.
A smile grew on his lips as he said, "well I hope we make good friends. I will be staying with Mr. Hanglinton. I have been working for him since I was 15, and now I'm thirty. I'm Jarod by the way." He blabbered extending his hand.
"And I'm Lilly, Lill-" She replied shaking his hand, but was cut off by Justin saying, "And I'm Justin, and sorry sir, but we have to leave before we're too late." A kind smile was on his face, but concern was still evidant.
"Okay. Later neighbor." Said Jarod, taking the buddah statue inside.
"What was that for?" Asked Lilly with concern in her voice.
"If you're late, Mr. And Mrs. Accola will get mad. Do you want them to get mad? I don't want them to." Justin talked hurriedly, putting all his worries care freely on a silver plate.
Blood drained out of Lilly's face as she remembered how crule those two people could be. Those married couple were all evil to her, and puppies when if comes to Ms. Mckingsley. They fit each other perfectly. It was pathetic in the eyes of Lilly. But luckily, Lilly knew something about Mrs. Accola that would hopefully help her side.

-------

"WHERE HE HELL HAVR YOU BEEN?" Screamed Mrs. Accola as soon as Lilly had stepped foot in the kitchen.
Fear ruled over Lilly's body, causing her to freeze. Remembering her plan, she said, "I'm sorry, I was just going to see who was moving next door to tell you. I know you love to know those stuff, so I wanted you not to question yourself a lot." Hopefulness was all over Lilly's mind.
"Well then tell me!" Mrs. Accola screamed, but lower this time, causing Lilly to spill everything she saw and leard from Jarod.
"You're lucky, this time you're off the hook. Only this time." Said Mrs. Accola with a satisfied voice. "Now get to work! We don't have the whole day!" She screamed again.
Terrified, Lilly returned back to her work.

-------

The next day was normally normal. Lilly did her chores like everyday, except that she had been excited this day, knowing that the new neighbor will be coming over, and she might get a chance to meet him and his family. She hoped.
All throughout the day, she kept peeking at every chance she got out of the window, to only discover that no one has come.
And time for her daily shopping has come, and she left in hope that the neighbor doesn't come whilst she's out. And her hopes came true, because as soon as she neared the school just seconds after she bid her goodbyes to Justin, she saw a ride standing in front of the house, with red carpet being put by two servants, and Jarod standing next to the ride as soon as they were done with a monkey on his shoulder.
Lilly saw as Jarod opened the door for the incomer, but to her surprise, no one came out, instead one of the men had climbed, with Jarod and the other man extending their hands onside reaching for something, all the while wearing grnine smiles on their lips.
Soon enough, a man was out, he sat on a wheel chair, with self esteem all over his features even with his disability.
Jarod wheeled the man inside as soon as he was put on the ground, struggling a little at the stairs, but continuing non the less, with the two men rolling the red carpet back after they were onside, all the while they didn't notice the presence of audience.
Soon enough, Lilly got out of her daze and jogged back to the school.