Ch. 10 Happy Birthday! Or Is It?

"Th-the b-bigg-gest d-d-diamond mine!" Stuttered Ms. Mckingsley as she heard the news from Mr. Jackson.
"Yes, Ms. Mckingsley," replied Mr. Jackson with a sneaky edge in his voice, "you and I are now working for the world's richest man, or richest man-to-become. We're going to be as wealthy and rich as any others. I'm the richest man's own trusted lawyer, and you-" he pointed at Ms. Mckingsley, "are working for his daughter, his beloved only daughter." His voice was rising with his speech, a grin was growing on his face throughout it. As well as Ms. Mckingsley, her heart started to flutter at the thought of all the money she's going to get from Lilly's upcoming wealth, and could only imagine Mr. Whitepine's donations for her school if Lilly just said how happy she is in there. She could only imagine.
Ms. Mckingsley's knees buckled out of happiness, and she had to sit on the sofa at the corner of her room. She was happy, ecstatic.
After the shock effect ceased, Ms. Mckingsley's mind started functioning, and she started thinking of ways to please Lilly, and there for, her father, in hope of earning money for her school.
Having similar thoughts, Mr. Jackson spoke her mind, and helped her with ideas by saying, "we should start treating Lilly as a princess, a diamond princess." He said.
Continuing his thoughts, Ms. Mckingsley said, "and we should make her a big birthday party, just like what her father would want, and would be pleased after the news."
Watching them planning, Ms. Imelia was tired, and mistakenly yawned loudly, putting her hand yo cover her mouth, and noticing her yawn, the two stopped and noticed how truly tired they were, so they decided that Mr. Jackson should visit the next day during class, so they can have all the time they can.

-------

The girls were preparing for the day, and were now seated in the dining room for breakfast, when Ms. Mckingsley entered the room.
It had been two days since she and Mr. Jackson had planned for the 'perfect plan' for Lilly's birthday next week, and now, Ms. Mckingsley was putting it under work by saying, "okay girls settle down. I have a surprise for you." She had an enthusiastic look on her face, and she seemed happy as well.
As soon as the girls calmed down, which took only a matter of seconds, Ms. Mckingsley continued, "Lilly's birthday in in the next week, and we're having a big party for her." She said clasping her hands together.
Excited murmurs were passed between the girls, and Ms. Mckingsley gave them time to enjoy it, a few seconds later, she shut them by saying, "I want you girls to be prepared for it, bring in a gift for her, make her happy day happier. As for you, Lilly, I want to talk with you after classes are over." And with that, the girls began eating.

-------

Back in her office, Ms. Mckingsley were now chattering about the tips of their plan, the simple stuff, like the type of cake, which they chose chocolate one, with pink and red frosting. As well as they chose the time for celebration, and the birthday gift from each one. They didn't care that it would be expensive, knowing that them spending so much from their own money will be benefited back from Mr. Whitepine as a reward for their preceding care over his daughter. That is what they concluded.
Time passed between them planning, until suddenly a knock was sounded on the door.
"Come in," urged Ms. Mckingsley.
The door opened slowly, to reveal a slightly shy Lilly, with her cheeks a light shade of red. "You asked to see me after call, Ms. Mckingsley?" She asked.
"Oh, yes! Come in, come in." Gestured Ms. Mckingsley.
The student finished opening the whole door, let herself in, and then closed it behind her. As soon as she turned around, she finally noticed Mr. Jackson sitting at the round table with Ms. Mckingsley, oth sipping hot tea. Lilly noticed the presence of a third empty cup, which was soon filled by Ms. Mckingsley.
"Hello, Mr. Jackson. It's flattering seeing your presence after all this time." Greeted Lilly with a small curtsy added to her moves.
"It's flattering seeing you as well, Ms. Whitepine." He replied with a nod of his head. "How's school. Do you like it?" He asked her while she approached the table they were sitting at.
"I'm ecstatic at this school, and I really like learning here." Replied Lilly. Ms. Mckingsley gestured for her to sit at the chair at the head of the table, right between her and Mr. Jackson, also handing her the third cup of tea in the process.
"So, why did you ask me here, Ms. Mckingsley?" Asked Lilly starting a conversation.
Replying, Ms. Mckingsley said, "you're here to discuss your birthday party. We had already planned it, but we still want your approval and recommendation on the process, as well as the dress we're going to buy you for the sake of your birthday celebration party."
After a moment of thinking, Lilly replied the only thing she could in a way of showing her thanking, "alright."
And with that the process began.
Ms. Mckingsley and the lawyer showed Lilly their plans and preparation, with Lilly agreeing to all of them, and actually liking all.
She and her teacher ended up going shopping for a dress the same at twilight, and both had ended up again in Mr. Austin's shop.