Chocolate Therapy

Chapter 11: Chocolate therapy

            A few weeks after I had arrived at Carelly High I had started to feel like I fit in. The mornings (when I wasn’t late) I would go to the main entrance of the school and meet up with Lance, Chris, Calvin and a bunch of other guys,  Then we would split ways and go to class.I usually always had someone to sit next to like Calvin, Lance, Lena, or Nicole. Then we would have lunch all together with other people whom names I still couldn’t remember.

Lena sometimes missed lunch and we would only see her at the end of break. When asked where she had been, she would shrug and casually say: “At home.”

Nicole and Lance had been, since their date, inseparable. They sat together at lunch and held hands in the hallway. Seeing them together always made me smile. In a way, it gave me a sense of accomplishment.

Lena was another story though. After her date with Chris, she was hell bent in proving me wrong about my concept of love, while I tried to set her up. Chris had called her after the date, asking if he could see her again, but she had refused.

I could see that Chris was disappointed, but he got over it rather quickly after I set him up with a girl that was in the grade below us.

Calvin and Mia were still studying together, but I could see that Mia was starting to open up towards Calvin, and sometimes she would even smile at Calvin's jokes.

The sad brown eyed guy in my class was still an unsolved case, and he was on my mental list of people to set up right after Lena.

The problem with finding a guy for Lena was that she was picky, and restless. Her witty comebacks weren’t for everyone, and she needed someone spontaneous so that she didn’t get bored. Throughout the week I had found myself becoming better and closer friends with Lena, but I had also realized that she never told me anything personal.

I knew she had a brother and sister, but that was only because I had seen them that first day. The one time she had mentioned her sister Amie was when she told the group she couldn’t come to the movies because she had to take care of her sister. I knew nothing about her parents and I didn’t know how to ask.

I didn’t pry, thinking that when she was realy to talk she would know I was there for her, which was very hard for me seeing as I was really curious.

It was Friday afternoon and I was relieved that it was almost the end of the school day. Lance, Calvin, Lena, Nicole and I were going to see a movie later on in the evening. I didn’t know which one yet, because we had all been fighting over which movie to see.

Lance and I wanted the new James Bond movie, while Lena and Calvin really wanted to see that comic movie with Ben Stiller. Nicole on the other hand wanted to see some chick flick. We had been fighting over which movie to see since Monday, and we still hadn’t made up our mind. The plan was to play rock paper scissors when we got there, but I had a feeling that wasn’t going to work out either.

After school I went home, and took a shower so I could wash my hair. I changed into a pair of jeans and a white v-neck t-shirt, with a grey Abercrombie sweater in case I got cold.

Since I had arrived in Tampa, i had started to work out, and my newly found muscles could be seen through my shirt. I smirked at the idea of Lena's face when she would see them. I had been hiding my muscles under my plaid shirts, so that I could surprise her and show her that I actually listened to her sometimes.

I glanced at my clock and decided to get going if I didn’t want to be late. I sadly still ddn’t have a car, and my parents didn’t want to lend me theirs so I had to take my bike like usual.