Chapter 22

ANDREW

It took another hour before I got to the main house.

My three-day shift had been officially over.

I turned left and finally reached my destination, the ginormous white house at the very back of Shoulder Boulevard Drive.

It was the house built by my father to my mother during their very first years of moving in Calgary.

The house should have been built several decades ago, but it still looked brand new and up-to-date.

The garage is located underneath as an underground parking, complete with my father's cars and prized bike collection. 

Half of those things were hands-off to us. 

Not that I wanted to drive a car in the first place. I'd rather go bussing.

The main floor was designed in as a huge open area complete with five separate rooms; the mud room as you come in, the foyer that will lead you to the living area, the kitchen on your left, the library on the right, and my very own office that my father insisted on designing since I moved back here in Calgary.

The top floor was a feat in itself since it took them almost a year just to build my father's art studio. It was situated on the left side, overlooking the Bow River. My mother's office adjacent to it, was the best home office I have ever seen since they kept the natural light from coming in by building glass walls all over it. The floor is also the home of six individually designed bedrooms, each had its own flair and personality based on the person who is going to use it. Each had his own washroom and king-size bed, except for the two other visitor's rooms.

But my most favorite part of the house is the hidden room near the underground garage. It was a den that was transformed into my very own movie theatre as per my mother's and my request. 

I remembered those days when my mother will come-by when her schedule permits her and we just do a Korean drama marathon in front of the screen the whole day. My girly side! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Ahh! Those were the days.

I smiled at the memory as I entered the gate that will lead me towards the main door.

I pulled out my card and entered the slot, which prompted me to open the door.

After entering, I put my worn-out sneakers in my designated spot at the mud room.

I spun and was about to put my fluffy home slippers when I found out that they were not there where I left them before. That's odd! I am sure that I left them just right here, unless Manang Rosa did a major cleaning.

I pursed my lips and shrugged slightly as I opted for the next available slippers.

The moment I opened the mud room door, the smell of food wafted that made my mouth water.

"Surprise!" I heard them scream.

I almost fell back from the loud sound.

"Congratulations, baby bro!" My older brothers were the first ones who clapped me by the shoulder.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked completely flabbergasted.

"Well, you did ask for reinforcements, did you not?" They said simultaneously.

I looked around once more and saw who they are...my whole family are here.

Reinforcements represent!