Chapter 49

CASSANDRA

"Why does this always happen when you're around?" I asked my husband after we returned back into our room.

"Hey, I can't help it if I have a penchant for danger." The guy even had the nerve to boast. I shook my head.

"I'll be taking a shower." I stepped inside the en suite, which is almost the same size as my whole apartment unit.

Extravagance, I wonder if I'll ever get used to it.

I went in and I heard my husband's teasing voice again, "Want me to help you bathe, wife?" I opened the door slightly as I saw him cozying up on the bed, probably trying to seduce me with that pose.

"I don't think so." As I stuck out my tongue and locked the door behind me.

Girls need their privacy especially at times like this. Although I hate to admit it, I am truly nervous.

I know I am truly nervous since I brushed my teeth twice totally forgetting that I already did the deed before I hopped in the shower.

I blow dried my hair and applied some cream on my body.

What else is there to do?! I thought deeply.

This is harder than my medical board exam.

I heard him knock softly on the other end of the door. "Wife, can I now take a shower?" He asked gently.

I bit my lower lip at the sudden distraction.

Sheesh! What to do?

I heard his knock again, which is more persistent this time. "Please wife, I really need to take a shower. I feel so sticky." He persuaded.

I inhaled sharply as I tied my bath robe tighter and finally opened the door. I saw my husband smiling widely, almost too widely to be natural, the moment the door was swung open.

"It's all yours." I timidly stated as I passed by him and the nerve of the guy to squeeze me at the door at the same time I was passing through. "Whoops!" He said with that annoyingly big smile plastered on his face once again. "Whatever!" I huffed as I immediately pushed him in and locked the door behind me before he even had a chance to retort and make my life even more embarrassing.

I looked through my backpack and saw my sleeping shorts and tank top. I was about to put them on, when I remembered what Jasmine told me...

"It only happens once in your lifetime. Make sure you make the best out of it. And, you are marrying the man that you love anyways, so why not give him a night he will never forget." My mentor's words flashed back into my mind.

Why at a time like this too?

I am honestly a twenty-seven year old old lady, never been kissed, never been touched. I heaved a sigh once more.

However, the guy is someone that I love, he is my husband. This is normal.

Yup! This is normal.

Being nervous is normal.

With all my courage mustered up, I unzipped the hidden pocket of my backpack and pulled out "the secret weapon" as Jasmine had said to me when she gave it to me during my bridal shower.

Does she want me to floss? I thought roughly as I put up the pair of thong and see-through brassier.

I shook my head as I just put them and covered myself with my bathrobe once more.