─── 𝟎𝟎𝟓. Unveiled Secrets

—————————————————————

—————— PITY PARTY
...1.06—————— •

—————————————————————

"Hey, guess what? Would you rather... have...I was imagining you like this just now. It was pretty funny. Would you ima... would you rather...have nipples for eyes or eyes for nipples? Imagine if you get really old and your nipples..Your boobs get saggy, and your nipples, if they were your eyes, you could see if your shoes were untied." Sarah laughs, she was stoned. Like, stoned. She's never smoked before, and was clearly acting like it, "Is this like your first time smoking or something?" Kiara asks. "No." Sarah whispers. "Yes." Olivia answers for Sarah.

Olivia leans her head on the edge of the boat. "Hey, Olive.." Sarah starts. "Oh, my God. Enough of the "Hey, Kiara!", "Hey Olive" bullshit! Why'd you guys do it?" Kiara asks. "Why'd we do what?" Sarah asks. Kiara scoffs. "We were all best friends. We... we stole beers from y'all's dad's fridge, we watched movies together, we laughed at Sarah when she cried about boys. And the next thing I know, I'm watching your birthday party happen from Instagram." Kiara lowers her tone. "It's a stupid party." Olivia groans. "She invited everybody but me." Kiara's voice cracks. "And then you told everybody I was the reason that the party got busted." Kiara turns to Sarah.

"Okay, well, who else would've called the cops?" Sarah asks. "You never asked. You just let the rumor go that I was a rat. You were my best friend, and then you ghosted me, and I don't even know why! I mean, really, what did I do?" Kiara asks the question was really for Sarah.

Sarah stayed quiet for a little. "You liked me." Sarah says. Olivia's head shoots up. "What?" Olivia asks. "When... people get..close to me, I feel trapped. And... I bail. And then I blame them for it." Sarah sighs. "But..you didn't bail on Olivia." Kiara swallows. Sarah nods, stands up, and walks away. She starts to make a "bed" for the three of them.

"And you?" Kiara looks at Olivia. "What about me?" Olivia rolls her eyes. Kiara scoffs, "You used me." Kiara says. Olivia turns to the girl.

• ——Two Years Ago

"Hi Ms Marshall." Sheriff Peterkin smiles at the younger girl. "Hi Peterkin, my parents aren't home right now." Olivia says. "Oh, okay. I have some news for you." Peterkin sighs. "What happened? It's not my parents is it?" Olivia asks. "No, honey. Nathaniel was in an accident on highway 92." Peterkin says. "Oh my god, is he okay?" Olivia asks. "When we got there, he..he wasn't breathing. He lost lots of blood, I'm sorry." Peterkin looks down. "No..no. No." Olivia breaks down in tears. "I'm sorry honey." Peterkin frowns.

Olivia sobs. "We found this." Peterkin shows Olivia a paper. "I'm assuming it's yours, it has your name on it." Olivia wipes her tears. "Thank you. Uhm..I'll see you." Olivia walks inside and closes the door. "Hey what happened?" Nick comes down the stairs. "Why are you crying?" Nick asks. "He's gone Nick. Nate's gone." Olivia cries. "What?" Nick walks over to his sister, "Nate is dead. He died." Olivia sobs. Nick looks at his sister and hugs her.

"Damn it." Nick starts crying. Olivia hugs her brother. "He's gone." Olivia says.

• ——— •

"What?" Steve asks over the phone. "Uhm..Peterkin came to the house, and told me." Olivia looks at one of her best friends next to her. Olivia's eyes were red from crying. "Fuck." Steve sighs. "I'm sorry dad." Olivia wipes her nose. "Don't blame it on yourself honey okay? I- I've got to go okay? I love you." Steve sighs. "Love you too." Olivia smiles and hangs up.