─── 𝟎𝟏𝟐. Losing time.

—————————————————————

—————— PITY PARTY
...1.13—————— •

—————————————————————

   "John B. Where are you going? The boat ramps this way." Olivia asks when she stops moving. John B stops beside her and he sighs.

Olivia slowly sits up on he knees and looks at the boy curiously.

"Look, Olivia, I've got to go home." John B says. Olivia's face falls and she looks at the water in front of her.

"What?" She asks looking back at him. "Are you crazy? No." Olivia shakes her head slightly. "There'll be cops all over there." Olivia says. John B sits up and looks at her. "Yeah and that's okay." John B says.

"Look...I- I don't want you coming." Olivia looks at him in disbelief. "What do you mean?" Olivia asks.

"The gold." Olivia rolls her eyes. "From Crain's house. It's all at the Chateau." Olivia opens her mouth but John B interrupts before she could say anything. "Olivia, my dad has been looking for that for, years. It's all I have left of him. I gotta get it." John B answers.

"And we're gonna need to money-" Olivia looks out into the water again her eyes filling with tears. "You'll get caught." Olivia softly tells him, not making eye contact.

"Okay then I get caught." John B shrugs. "But then all of this is for nothing." Olivia looks back at him. John B wipes a tear falling down her cheek and smiles at her. "No it's not." John B rubs her cheek with his thumb.

Olivia shrugs his hand off of her.

"Listen to me. I need you to go to the boat dock in an hour." Olivia shook her head. "John B, let me come with you." Olivia said softly. "Olivia, I can't. It's too dangerous-" Olivia scoffed, "Then don't go!" She snapped.

"I have to!" John B snapped back. Olivia's face turned to the water under her, tears trickling down her cheeks.

"If we don't have money, then we can't go anywhere." John B explained. Olivia looked at him and took in a deep breath. She wiped her tears and nodded slightly.

"We're losing time." John B said before paddling away.

Olivia groaned in her hands before lying back down on the board. She let out a sigh before paddling the opposite direction of John B.

• ————————————

The car slowly came to a stop. JJ looked at the house but then back at the floor, the boy sighed.

"Home sweet home." Kie and Sarah shared a look. Kie turned to JJ with a soft expression, "Do you want us to come? 'Cause we could come." Kie suggested.

JJ shook his head, he slightly frowned at the thought of his father hurting two of his best friends. "No." JJ said before opening the door. "This will only take a second, then we're out." JJ nodded at them before making way to his front door.

JJ entered the house, he looked around and kicked an empty beer bottle out of his way. He swatted his hand at a fly near his ear.