(007) so mad, so sad

CHAPTER SEVEN
SO MAD, SO SAD

CHAPTER SEVEN SO MAD, SO SAD

current day

Arella can feel eyes on her, a deep stare directed at the back of her head but she cannot bring herself to turn around. The place is currently crawling with Capitol officials and stylists, all of them readying the tributes for their respective interviews. Finch and Argo, after both receiving training scores of five, had quickly shifted their attention to this night instead. It's nerve wracking, she knows that first hand, hundreds of thousands of people watching you be interviewed.

"Miss Sinclair,"

Turning her head to the side, Arella watches Finnick practically glide over to her with a cheeky grin on his face. Out of all the people that could approach her, he's a fairly welcomed surprise. She rather likes the District Four victor, he's not like many of the others she's met here.

"Hello Finnick," Arella greets, nodding her head in greeting.

He's on his lonesome, his tributes off getting ready, and likely seeking out company from anybody that he can who isn't from the Capitol. Johanna Mason, one of the most recent District Seven victors is his usual candidate but she's nowhere in sight. Arella assumes she's the next best thing.

"I didn't know you were so popular with the gentlemen here," Finnick speaks slyly, a smirk pulling at his lips.

"What are you talking about?" Arella questions, a slight scoff intertwined with her words. Sure, she's popular amongst the Capitol viewers but she's never really had any of them seek her out. Thankfully. She knows what happens here, what Snow does to people, the horrifying reality of being a victor.

"Lover boy's eyes have been following you since you stepped foot in the room,"

Finnick flicks his gaze over her shoulder and Arella doesn't want to look but she knows he won't give up on the conversation. She follows his eyes and her breath hitches slightly at the mere sight of him, Henry once again watching her as if she's the sun. The brunette is still not quite used to his expressive gazes, she hardly knows him in reality, and she doesn't think she ever will be. The way he'd looked at her the first time they met, Henry's glowing smile, they're memories Arella wishes she could lock away in the back of her mind and never see again.

It's a shame he quite often appears in her mind, the excessive beats of Arella's heart whenever she thinks about him. He'd betrayed her trust and yet her mind still favours him over her, images flashing in front of the girl's eyes every time she closes them.

Their gazes connect, eyes staring just like they had all those years ago, and Arella wishes she could sink into his embrace all over again. Except she knows that she can't, she'd promised herself long ago that she'd never let him see the vulnerable side of her ever again — he didn't understand her, he still doesn't. Nobody from here could begin to understand her.