Chapter 28

_ . _

Chapter 28

The next day, Samael and Erichthonius' travel to the underworld was delayed because they were invited to the awakening celebration of Aphrodite's only son that would occur in the palace of Olympus. They were informed by the head priestess on the day of their preparation, so they had no choice but to set aside their goal and thoroughly prepare for the upcoming banquet.

Aphrodite was one of the Twelve Gods of Olympus, the Goddess of Love and Beauty. Everyone invited to the banquet is obligated to attend because not implying the Olympus' request will be impertinent and disgraceful. Samael had no desire to gather rumors about his bad reputation around Olympus. He has to be as quiet as he is, which is why he requested that the young king attend several banquets to improve his reputation so that their attention will switch to the King of Athens, who is the Son of Athena.

On the other hand, Aphrodite's temple was hectic. There were several priestesses running around the temple, and some priestesses from the palace of Olympus were delivering messages and orders. It's no wonder because the awakening celebration banquet will occur tonight. There were about five priestesses deciding on Aphrodite's clothes, accessories, and jewelry, as well as her bath amenities, and another five priestesses deciding on her twin adopted son's clothing for the banquet.

Aphrodite was inside her chambers, staring at herself in a mirror made of gold as her twin adopted sons, Phobos and Demios, were adorning her jewelry placed on the table in front. On the edge of the room was a delicate-looking boy who was quietly staring down the floor, not even daring to look at her.

The boy had blond, curly hair as if it were jumbled golden cotton, a small, delicate round face, and ivory skin with big, rosy round lips, a round nose, and big, round gray eyes adorned with long lashes and gentle-shaped brows. His spherical facial features look kind and genuine, with his pure white wings spread on his back, slightly fluttering like an angel, and the clean white tunic wrapped around mostly half of his body, the fabric that lengthens down his ankles.

Aphrodite chuckled as she stared in satisfaction at the necklace embedded with flower sapphires on its chain. "I like this one." She shifted her gaze at Phobos and Demios. "You two are really good at choosing things to my liking."

"I'm flattered to hear you say that, Mother," Phobos said with a smile.

"We will do anything for you," Demios responded.

Aphrodite smiled and caressed the twins' cheeks with both of her hands. She then glanced at the delicate-looking young boy at the edge of the room; her smile instantly faded as she spoke. "Where's your father, Eros?"

"Father Ares..." The boy named Eros averted his gaze and hesitantly replied, "Father is not coming."

Hearing that response from her son, Aphrodite gritted her teeth and threw the sapphire necklace on the ground. The necklace shattered into pieces as she aggressively stood up and yelled, "His only son had just awakened his powers, and he's not coming?! How could he? He sure is mocking me! THAT ARES!!!"

Eros trembled at the sight of his angry mother. He dares not to talk because any response, good or not, will anger Aphrodite even more. Eros lowered his head and gripped his hand as he listened to Aphrodite's scream of anger. The twins were standing not too far from him, staring at him intently with a smile on their faces.

"Ha..." Aphrodite took a deep breath and rested her hand on the chair near the mirror. "This won't do. I must be the most beautiful woman tonight." She glared at Eros one last time before she shifted her gaze at the twins and spoke, "I must get bathed. Phobos, Demios, keep an eye on Eros. Don't let him do anything stupid while I'm away."