Chapter 1: Left Behind

Authors note: This story tells the story about the Godzilla in the later books. A Battle of Two Kings, The Destroyer, and Apocalypse. I'd read those first before continuing. Oh, and there's technology in this story that never were made in 1989 yet. Let's just pretend they were made by then :)

"Hey! You left us behind!" I shouted to the boats as they left the city. Godzilla roared at the army and shot this blue beam from its mouth. "C'mon Zack! Let's go!" My friend said pulling on my arm. "I'm sure there will be more boats! Let's go!" He said. I decided to follow him. We're not the only ones who got left behind. There were still lots of people who were running for the boats. People were jumping for the boats. Some made it. Others didn't. We jumped off the docks and ran across the beach. "Hey Ray! Where are we going?" "No idea! We're just runnin' away from Godzilla!" Dammit, Ray never thinks before he acts. Even when we were in elementary school.

"Kay, seriously! Where are we going?" "I thought you knew where we were going!" "We're just running no where?" We then stopped in our tracks. "What the f man?" I said. "Sorry, I just thought you knew where we would go." Suddenly Ray looked to the side and tackled me. I thought he was looking to fight but that wasn't it. A flaming jet nearly crushed us. The jet just missed us and slid into the water. "Holy shit! Thanks man." I said. He nodded and we ran up the hill. Godzilla rammed right through a building. Then whacked down some helicopters with its tail. "There's nothing that will stop this." Ray muttered. "We don't know that." I replied. "Look at it! The military is hitting it with the best they got and it's not going down." I groaned and kicked some dirt.