Chapter 10: Not a Baby Anymore

It's been a few weeks since we let the baby go. It was hard letting it go. I didn't want to, but Tommy threatened to kill it. I had no choice. Claire is thinking of going back to the volcano to see if it's okay. She said she's going to try to feed it. Ray and I are going to go with her. In fact we're leaving right now. "You got the food?" I asked Ray. "Yeah, it'll love this!" He said holding out the food. "Hotdogs?" I questioned. "What? Gotta problem with my choice?" I hesitated but I answered. "No. It's a... good choice." I lied. He shrugged and got into the helicopter. If he keeps choosing the food he chooses he's gonna end up getting the baby killed. Unhealthy food.

"What if the baby ain't there?" I asked Claire. "It'll be there! It has to be!" She had to yell because of the helicopter. "Let's hope!" I replied. "I brought a ball incase we have to wait!" Ray said holding a ball. I nodded. When we got there we didn't see the baby. The helicopter took off sending sand every where. "Well... now what?" Ray said with his arms out. "We call it with this." Claire said holding a device. "What is that?" Ray asked. "84s roar. Hopefully the baby knows it and comes up here." She pushed the button. "I... didn't here anything." Ray said. "Only the baby can here it." She replied. "Ohhh." Ray said awkwardly. We all sat onto the ground and waited.
(5 minutes later)
"How long has it been?" Ray asked. "Only five minutes." I replied.
(30 minutes later) "How long has it been now?" "Thirty minutes."
(1 hour later)
"Hey Zack, let's play some ball." Ray said tossing the ball at me.
(3 hours later)
"Okay it's going onto evening, should we head back?" Ray said as he tossed the ball in the air. "If you want to you can, but I'm not leaving until that baby comes here." Claire said. Suddenly we seen something swimming from the water. Three set of spikes appeared. Then it got to the beach and walked ashore. "That's not a baby anymore!" Ray said with fear. "I think it's safe to call it Godzilla now!" I said. "Run!" Ray shouted. Ray and I turned around and ran. Claire didn't come with us. We stopped in our tracks. "Claire?! Come on!" I shouted. Godzilla leaned down and looked at Claire. It growled toward her.

She reached her hand up to touch it's snout. Once she placed her hand on it, it flinched. Then it realized it was Claire. It stuck it's tongue out and licked her. "It remembers her." Ray said. I couldn't believe it. We began walking toward when it looked at us and growled. "It's okay, it's okay. You remember them?" She asked softly. "Zack and Ray?" "Claire, it probably doesn't now english." I said. Godzilla gave us a friendly roar. "See? It remembers you." Claire said with a smile. "How'd it grow so fast? It's only been weeks since we let it go. Not freakin' years!" Ray said. "Maybe this species grows fast?" I suggested. "All that matters is it remembers us." Claire said.