Chapter 2: Don't Let Them See You Bleed

"Wake up someone's here for you." Ledger said as he yanked my blanket off me.

"Who the fuck pissed in your breakfast this morning?" I said pissed, as I yanked the blanket back over my half naked body.

"What are you covering up? It's not like I haven't seen it before." He said still pissed about something. "Ok it was a one night thing,"

I said recalling to the night me and him hooked up. "And you didn't answer my question. Why are you so pissed?"

"God," he said with a dark chuckle. "That the one and only President Snow is your mentor now?"

"Okay I can explain that, I heard Rick and Snow talking about needing another mentor and Snow stepped in."

"Why?" Ledger asked me, "I don't know okay? I'm just going along with it, and honestly, if having Snow as my mentor could possibly help me win these games, then I'm going to take it."

I explained as I threw on a pair of pants and a button up blouse.

"What about me? Are you really going to completely forget about me when we're in the games?"

"Seriously Ledger?" I said with disbelief as I pinned a red rose on my blouse.

"I actually thought we could fight together as a unit, but I don't think you need me.

The way you've been acting seems to tell me you are willing to kill anyone, willing to hang them like a damn pig!"

I spoke as I looked at him, cocking my head to the side.

"I would never do that!" He yelled coming up to me so are chests now touched.

"Really? You know what they say, you go in those games as one person and come out as a completely different person. Good or bad."

Ledger looked at me shocked before speaking up. "Fuck... you're right I'm sorry, I was just shocked when I found out Snow was your mentor."

"It's okay, I promise," I said wrapping my arm around his side as we walked out the door.

"You know, I never thought you had it in you," "what to be a bad bitch?"

"Yeah to be a bad bitch," Ledger said as he looked down at me with a laugh.

"I think we're both about to see what I have in me." I said in a whisper, only myself hearing it.

We walked in the living room seeing Rick and Snow talking in hushed voices.

My eyes tracked to Snow's hands that he had clasped behind his back.

"Isabella, Isabella?" "Bella!" Ledger yelled causing me to snap out of my trance on Snow's back.

"Um yes?" I said looking at Ledger, who pointed at Snow. "Yes Mr. Snow?"

I said as I looked into his blue eyes. "Call me Coriolanus Miss Blood. And I was saying we should get going I have a long day, but you have a longer day.

Actually both of you do, we will be holding the interviews tonight."

Snow explained before he began walking, me following behind waving Rick and Ledger bye.

"So Rick has told me that your strengths are with knives and axes?" "Yes, but that's with Targets and occasional animals."

I said realizing I let slip that I hunt. "You hunt?" Snow stopped and turned around.

"No I don't I'm talking about the animals that are in District 12." Snow let out a deep chuckle as he looked up to the ceiling and back at me suddenly quiet.